Velocity Reviews

-   -   Apps not responding (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t701051-apps-not-responding.html)

johnsuth@nospam.com.au 10-10-2009 02:25 AM

Apps not responding

I have what seems to be a perfectly good installation of XP x64 with 8 GB of
RAM, all of which is reported everywhere. It boots and shuts down snappily.

My image viewer pulls up the next 24 MB image almost before I have released the
mouse button, and Acrobat does the same with the next page.

However CAD and spreadsheet show long delays with CPU maxing out after every
affirmative mouse click.

I have already cleaned out old files and defragged the drive. The drive LED
indicates no stress. Task manager shows no resource hogs.

Is there anything else in Windows I should look at?

John Barnes 10-10-2009 07:33 PM

Re: Apps not responding

It would appear you need a faster CPU. The two programs you mention require
heavy cpu cycles to process.