Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t700995-nobel-peace-prize-committee-names-winner-guess-whos-coming-to-dinner.html)

richard 10-09-2009 03:16 PM

Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules and traditions by
naming this year's recipient. The rules state clear that nominations must
be turned in no later than February. Less than a month after Obama took the
oath.

Only twice before has an active US President won the coveted prize.
Teddy Roosevelt in 1906 and Woodrow Wilson in 1916.
Jimmy Carter won the prize in 2002.

In all, 172 nominees were considered. The largest list ever.
I'd say the only reason President Obama was selected, unamiously, purely
for political reasons.
Obama has single handedly wrecked the economy of the world's leading
industrial nation. Handing out huge bailouts of taxpayers dollars without
considering the aftermath.

Obama wants to force Americans to take HIS health care and even make
illegal aliens eligible for it. Yet, the Nobel people don't see that.

The only thing Obama has done, is yack.

I say the committee should sober up and renounce the prize.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...ef=igoogle_cnn

Bucky Breeder 10-09-2009 03:45 PM

Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

richard <member@newsguy.com> deflatulated this with

> The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules
> and traditions by naming this year's recipient. The
> rules state clear that nominations must be turned in
> no later than February. Less than a month after Obama
> took the oath.
>
> [...]
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...e/index.html?e
> ref=igoogle_cnn

Hooray!

The élitist eurotrash *had* to throw something our
way since they wouldn't give us the Olympics. They
DO NOT want Bush getting re-elected, after a
Constitutional Amendment, and then we go to bombing
the shitfire out them for the hidden WMDs...

Also, now my 'Insurrectionist Negro' Halloween mask
is prolly gonna be worth sumthing someday!

I bought the First Lady's too, just for an
investment... or if I ever get a girlfriend
who wants to become a member of ACORN - fassst.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

Jordon 10-09-2009 07:41 PM

richard wrote:
> The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules and traditions by
> naming this year's recipient. The rules state clear that nominations must
> be turned in no later than February. Less than a month after Obama took the
> oath.

Pssst. Idiot boy. The prize didn't just go to the
President of the United States. It went to Barack
Obama.

Please explain to the group which rules and what
traditions they broke? And not what you think you
know, real provable facts. A link to a web site
maybe? Something quoted with its source perhaps?

You know, something like this...

http://nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=1174

--
Jordon

Bert Hyman 10-09-2009 08:43 PM

Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

In news:4ACF9DFB.4A0D0E3D@TheDeli.Sandwich Tony <Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich>
wrote:

Oh well.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

§ñühw¤£f 10-09-2009 09:29 PM

In message <Xns9C9F6D5A9D16ABuckyGram@207.246.207.158>, Bucky Breeder wrote:
> richard <member@newsguy.com> deflatulated this with
>
> > The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules
> > and traditions by naming this year's recipient. The
> > rules state clear that nominations must be turned in
> > no later than February. Less than a month after Obama
> > took the oath.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...e/index.html?e
> > ref=igoogle_cnn

> Hooray!
>
> The élitist eurotrash *had* to throw something our
> way since they wouldn't give us the Olympics. They
> DO NOT want Bush getting re-elected, after a
> Constitutional Amendment, and then we go to bombing
> the shitfire out them for the hidden WMDs...
>
> Also, now my 'Insurrectionist Negro' Halloween mask
> is prolly gonna be worth sumthing someday!
>
> I bought the First Lady's too, just for an
> investment... or if I ever get a girlfriend
> who wants to become a member of ACORN - fassst.

Oh look: a k00k reacharound.
You two really ought to get together since you're both
blatant racists.

Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/
Cash for *who*?
http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

chuckcar 10-09-2009 10:23 PM

Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com> wrote in

> In news:4ACF9DFB.4A0D0E3D@TheDeli.Sandwich Tony <Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich>
> wrote:

> Oh well.

Hardly an indication of the server. It allows anonymous posting. However
it also puts definite restrictions on it's posters. The use of aioe is
more an indication of a poster not wanting to use or being aware of
other free NNTP servers that only require an email to use.

Not in this case however.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Bert Hyman 10-09-2009 11:07 PM

Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

In news:Xns9C9FBC25EAF1chucknilcar@127.0.0.1 chuckcar <chuck@nil.car>
wrote:

> Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com> wrote in
>
>> In news:4ACF9DFB.4A0D0E3D@TheDeli.Sandwich Tony
>> <Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich> wrote:

>> Oh well.
>>

> Hardly an indication of the server.

It does seem to have more than its share of bozos among its users.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

chuckcar 10-10-2009 03:24 AM

> In news:Xns9C9FBC25EAF1chucknilcar@127.0.0.1 chuckcar <chuck@nil.car>
> wrote:
>
>> Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In news:4ACF9DFB.4A0D0E3D@TheDeli.Sandwich Tony
>>> <Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich> wrote:

>>> Oh well.
>>>

>> Hardly an indication of the server.

> It does seem to have more than its share of bozos among its users.

Small compared to dizim and the anonymous remailers. Check out the
restrictions aioe has: limited groups, limited number of postings per day,
crossposting. There's more.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Bert Hyman 10-10-2009 03:29 PM

Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

In news:hao3hm$gku$1@news.eternal-september.org Jordon
<jordon@REMOVETHISsamiamnot.com> wrote:

> Please explain to the group which rules and what
> traditions they broke?

The prizes are to be awarded "to those who, during the preceding year,
shall have conferred the greatest benefit to mankind."

http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundatio...utes.html#par1

Note: preceding year.

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 should have been awarded based on acts
performed during 2008.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Bucky Breeder 10-10-2009 03:51 PM

Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com> deflatulated this with

> In news:hao3hm$gku$1@news.eternal-september.org Jordon
> <jordon@REMOVETHISsamiamnot.com> wrote:
>
>> Please explain to the group which rules and what
>> traditions they broke?

> The prizes are to be awarded "to those who, during the
> preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit
> to mankind."
>
> http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundatio...utes.html#par1
>
> Note: preceding year.
>
> The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 should have been awarded
> based on acts performed during 2008.

Yeah! All those erudite scholars and intellectuals
just don't know WTF they're talking about! And
they certainly are not as smart as Rush Limberger
and the Fox News bunch! How'd they get their jobs
anyhow? Evidently they didn't see all the uproar
about the fradulent birth certificate. Or maybe
they just figgured that was a "peace of work" worth
the awards show? Who knows? Maybe now Michelle Obama
will get crowned Miss Universe. Donald Trump might
be in on the conspiracy... (to be continued...)

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'
I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY';
furthermore, I wonder if I bomb the Moon, can I
get me one of those Nobel Pizza Prizes?