Velocity Reviews

-   -   Resetting/restarting PPPoE connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t700165-resetting-restarting-pppoe-connection.html)

JF Mezei 10-02-2009 10:27 AM

Resetting/restarting PPPoE connection

Just wondering if this is the correct/best way to disconnect a PPPoE
session and get it setup again:

# config terminal
# int dialer 1
# shutdown
(pause a few seconds)
# no shutdown
# end

This works.

But is there a more direct way to accomplish this ?

(this is on a 800 series device (871W)

bod43 10-02-2009 01:13 PM

Re: Resetting/restarting PPPoE connection

On 2 Oct, 11:27, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spam...@vaxination.ca> wrote:
> Just wondering if this is the correct/best way to disconnect a PPPoE
> session and get it setup again:
>
> # config terminal
> # int dialer 1
> # shutdown
> (pause a few seconds)
> # no shutdown
> # end
>
> This works.
>
> But is there a more direct way to accomplish this ?
>
> (this is on a 800 series device (871W)

clear int di 1

I suspect that it's not a exact equivalent - i think I recall
cases where it did not "work" and a shut/no shut was
needed but it usually "works".

Can also try clear int atm 0.

I have never read the documenatation might be
worth a look to see what it says if you plan to use it.

Uli Link 10-02-2009 07:25 PM

JF Mezei schrieb:
> Just wondering if this is the correct/best way to disconnect a PPPoE
> session and get it setup again:
>
> # config terminal
> # int dialer 1
> # shutdown
> (pause a few seconds)
> # no shutdown
> # end
>
> This works.
>
> But is there a more direct way to accomplish this ?
>

> (this is on a 800 series device (871W)

"clear pppoe int FastEthernet<Number>"

--
ULi