Velocity Reviews

Nylex 10-02-2009 05:02 AM

In the Office we have a wireless network setup - I have a Compaq laptop and
when I arriive in the office I turn it on and it does all its normally
startups - finds the office network and then copnnects - there is a single
folder in the office computer that is shared - my computer recopnnects to
this folder at logon - when we run a program it goes to the shared folder and
uses the data

We also have a Dell laptopn in the workforce - when it is turned on it tries
to connect to the shared folder and gives the messaqge "Recconnection failed"
then it starts up the wireles = to use the shared folder we have to go to My
Computer - the folder we want is listed under Network - We click on it - it
then opens it up and
we are connected - Then prograqmmes can run and use the shared data files -

We contacted Dell and yjey said there was nothing wrong with the hardware so
it must be a software problem??????

Would appreciate any help we can get

Charlie Russel - MVP 10-02-2009 01:14 PM

Re: Loading from Turn on

This is a known issue with some wireless chipsets, and Dell specifically.
The problem is that it doesn't power up the wireless and reconnect as
quickly. I don't know of any workaround except the way you're doing it right
now.

--
Charlie.
http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64