Velocity Reviews

-   -   Image Processing in VHDL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t699320-image-processing-in-vhdl.html)

moganesh 09-24-2009 07:02 AM

Image Processing in VHDL

I am currently doing a project about image processing. The image processing is i would like to perform is binarization and filtering. I want to create a RTL design for this. I know how to do the Control Unit. But having difficulties in datapath design.. I would like to know how to input an image in datapath unit. The image should be in what format? Lets say the image is in jpg or bmp should i convert it first? and can i use the two formats i mentioned to proceed with binarization and filtering? Please guide me... Thank you..

vgs 09-15-2011 01:46 PM

image processing

To load an image in fpga,first process that image in MATLAB and obtain the RGB values using the function "imread". Then create a new file with .coe extension and store these RGB values in that file(using MATLAB itself). Generate a memory core in the fpga through which you can download this file into FPGA. From the core you can retrieve the image and display it using the VGA port.
Can u please help me how to perform the image processing like edge detection and all using VHDL?

Rohan Kandalkar 10-29-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vgs (Post 4242163)
To load an image in fpga,first process that image in MATLAB and obtain the RGB values using the function "imread". Then create a new file with .coe extension and store these RGB values in that file(using MATLAB itself). Generate a memory core in the fpga through which you can download this file into FPGA. From the core you can retrieve the image and display it using the VGA port.
Can u please help me how to perform the image processing like edge detection and all using VHDL?

can u tell me the procedure to generate memory core in fpga....means u mean to say create a ROM with the help of vhdl coding.

Rohan Kandalkar 10-29-2012 02:04 PM

Vhdl

HI....i want to binarization of image with the help of vhdl coding...can u suggest me the possible way to do that....plz reply fast as soon as possible.....thank you