Velocity Reviews

-   -   Patriot Extreme Performance Viper 3GB PC3-10666 kit Review (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t699031-patriot-extreme-performance-viper-3gb-pc3-10666-kit-review.html)

Ian 09-22-2009 09:12 AM

Patriot Extreme Performance Viper 3GB PC3-10666 kit Review

XTreme Computing take a look at the Patriot Extreme Performance Viper 3GB PC3-10666 kit, and it wins a "recommended" award from the author:

Quote:

Intelís decision to move the memory controller to the CPU (as AMD has done for several CPU generations now) has brought with it a massive memory bandwidth increase. What used to be what only AMD CPUs could achieve, Intelís decision to take it to the next level with triple channel means that no application should be memory bandwidth starved.

This particular kit of memory seriously impressed me; at stock itís nothing more than an affordably priced kit of entry level DDR3, but when I tried overclocking it I was astounded at how far it was pushed. Now with how overclocking works, thereís no guarantee that every kit will overclock to these levels, but if they do then this would be the only kit of memory youíd need to get for i7.

Read the review here.