Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Mandate Suggestion (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t697779-re-mandate-suggestion.html)

Annika1980 09-10-2009 03:59 PM

Re: Mandate Suggestion

On Sep 10, 10:56*am, "Bowser" <u...@gone.now> wrote:
> How about "best of the month" where you submit your best three shots of the
> past 30 days, no restrictions on subject matter? Only rule: no archive
> shots. All pics must have been taken in the 30 day period.
>
> Let the whining begin...

I like it!
Of course I'm ****ed that I didn't think of it.

Now Cooper will probably come in and say that we can't do it because
they used that mandate in April at the Kissimmee Garden Club's monthly
show & tell.

tony cooper 09-10-2009 08:53 PM

Re: Mandate Suggestion

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:59:16 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
<annika1980@aol.com> wrote:

>On Sep 10, 10:56*am, "Bowser" <u...@gone.now> wrote:
>> How about "best of the month" where you submit your best three shots of the
>> past 30 days, no restrictions on subject matter? Only rule: no archive
>> shots. All pics must have been taken in the 30 day period.
>>
>> Let the whining begin...

>I like it!
>Of course I'm ****ed that I didn't think of it.
>
>Now Cooper will probably come in and say that we can't do it because
>they used that mandate in April at the Kissimmee Garden Club's monthly
>show & tell.

That's exactly what I proposed in my earlier post on this. I said
"favorite", not "best", because "best" leaves a person too vulnerable
to criticism. Sometimes my favorite shots are not what I would call
my best shots.

Here's a favorite of mine from a few months ago. Not a technically
great shot, though. I call it "Portrait of Alan Browne" in honor of
his recent posting:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...per213/pig.jpg

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida