Velocity Reviews

-   General Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f44-general-computer-support.html)
-   -   Need help with a cipher assignment.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t696936-need-help-with-a-cipher-assignment.html)

stitch121103 09-02-2009 11:40 PM

Need help with a cipher assignment....

I am having to write a cipher for one of my classes and I am really not that good with writing java. If anyone could help me get started with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am needing to read in a text file and put it in to some kind of string I assume, so that after it is all read in I can alter it. I know after I get it read in and whatnot that I am going to have to remove all spaces and punctuation and make it all lower case.

I just don't really remember how to read in the file and get it into something that I can then go through character by character to check the other things....it's been years since I've had to write anything :-( TIA!!