Velocity Reviews

-   -   Button control _Click event not firing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t69690-button-control-_click-event-not-firing.html)

Max 12-31-2003 03:38 PM

Button control _Click event not firing

For some reason my button control just stopped working. In debug mode I
found the _Click event is just not firing. When I click submit, the page
just refreshes. Any idea what's going on?

-Max

Curt_C [MVP] 12-31-2003 03:44 PM

Re: Button control _Click event not firing

check the InitializeComponent() section..
I have a problem where my events keep vanishing and that's the result....

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

news:f4CIb.163672$b01.3614386@twister.tampabay.rr. com...

John Ruiz 12-31-2003 03:51 PM

Re: Button control _Click event not firing

check to make sure you didn't accidentally remove the line:

this.Button1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.Button1_Click);

from your InitializeComponent() function. also - check to make sure you
didn't change the name of the button while the editor wasn't looking.

John

Max 12-31-2003 04:07 PM

Re: Button control _Click event not firing

I think that was it... I read something about code disappearing being a
common bug in VS.NET. Someone said turn off code reformatting to fix this.

I'm not sure if it was the InitializeComponent sub though... what I think
what disappeared was the "Handles bSubmit.Click" specifying the button's
event sub.

InitializeComponent is currently empty:
<System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent()
End Sub

-Max

"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote