Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do you use two keyboards separately? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t696678-how-do-you-use-two-keyboards-separately.html)

Roky 08-31-2009 08:21 PM

How do you use two keyboards separately?

I want to use two monitors separately with two mice and two keyboards.

So far I have found one program that allows you to use two
mouses,mice,meese, separately. It is called PeanutButter Pointer and
costs about 22 dollars. Do you know of a free program?

However I havent found a program that would separate the keyboards so
each one works one monitor?

thanks
Roky

- Bobb - 08-31-2009 08:47 PM

Re: How do you use two keyboards separately?

"Roky" <rokybird@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to use two monitors separately with two mice and two keyboards.

Get 2 pc's - problem solved.

> So far I have found one program that allows you to use two
> mouses,mice,meese, separately. It is called PeanutButter Pointer and
> costs about 22 dollars. Do you know of a free program?
> However I havent found a program that would separate the keyboards so
> each one works one monitor?
> thanks
> Roky

Huh ? Give us a hint - what are you trying to achieve ?

gnu / linux 09-03-2009 12:58 AM

On Aug 31, 3:21 pm, Roky <rokyb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want to use two monitors separately with two mice and two keyboards.
>
> So far I have found one program that allows you to use two
> mouses,mice,meese, separately. It is called PeanutButter Pointer and
> costs about 22 dollars. Do you know of a free program?
>
> However I havent found a program that would separate the keyboards so
> each one works one monitor?
>
> thanks
> Roky

don't tell us what OS or anything

Roky 09-03-2009 04:19 AM

On Sep 2, 5:58*pm, "gnu / linux" <rob.fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 3:21 pm, Roky <rokyb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to use two monitors separately with two mice and two keyboards.

> > So far I have found one program that allows you to use two
> > mouses,mice,meese, separately. It is called PeanutButter Pointer and
> > costs about 22 dollars. Do you know of a free program?

> > However I havent found a program that would separate the keyboards so
> > each one works one monitor?

> > thanks
> > Roky

> don't tell us what OS or anything

I am running Win XP. My PC is an HP athlon 4600 dual core so it has
enough power to run both monitors and some programs. My video card has
three outputs. vga,dvi,and hdmi.

The reason is to avoid buying another computer for my mom to use in
her room, since her abilities are rather limited .

Paul 09-03-2009 06:33 AM

Roky wrote:
> On Sep 2, 5:58 pm, "gnu / linux" <rob.fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 31, 3:21 pm, Roky <rokyb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I want to use two monitors separately with two mice and two keyboards.
>>> So far I have found one program that allows you to use two
>>> mouses,mice,meese, separately. It is called PeanutButter Pointer and
>>> costs about 22 dollars. Do you know of a free program?
>>> However I havent found a program that would separate the keyboards so
>>> each one works one monitor?
>>> thanks
>>> Roky

>> don't tell us what OS or anything

> I am running Win XP. My PC is an HP athlon 4600 dual core so it has
> enough power to run both monitors and some programs. My video card has
> three outputs. vga,dvi,and hdmi.
>
> The reason is to avoid buying another computer for my mom to use in
> her room, since her abilities are rather limited .

Jetway used to build systems that way. I don't know
if the MagicTwin software is available separately or not.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/jetway,924.html

It is possible the MagicTwin software, checks for this
device. Either this adapter as a separate item, or perhaps
they integrate this adapter on their TWIN motherboards.

http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/spec/MagicDongleEDM.pdf

So Jetway figured out how to do it, but I don't know if
they got rich offering that capability or not. I've never
run into someone who has owned a system like that.

Paul