Velocity Reviews

-   -   question regarding overriding of web.config in the root directory..in a web app in a virtual directory (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t69469-question-regarding-overriding-of-web-config-in-the-root-directory-in-a-web-app-in-a-virtual-directory.html)

dotnetprogram 12-26-2003 02:02 PM

question regarding overriding of web.config in the root directory..in a web app in a virtual directory

I have a web application in the parent directory(http://localhost/). it has
a web.config setting as follows:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" name="UserToken" protection="All"
timeout="60" path="/">
<credentials passwordFormat="MD5">
</credentials>
</forms>
</authentication>

i installed another web application in a virtual directory named webapp1 (
http://localhost/webapp1) .

it has web.config as follows:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".ASPXAUTH" protection="All" timeout="60" />

</authentication>

My problem would be that when i access my new web app1 like

http://localhost/webapp1/

instead of it redirected to default.aspx...it is redirected to the
login.aspx of the parent web app and it can't find the login.aspx..becuase
it doesn't have one..is there any way to override the auythentication
settings of the parent root directory...

Thanks....

Joey Powell 12-27-2003 06:02 AM

Re: question regarding overriding of web.config in the root directory..in a web app in a virtual directory

Insert a <location> tag in the parent app with allow users=*. This
will "free up" the access control from the parent app. Control should
then roll down to the web.config of the app that you are trying to
use. I have not tried this...just an idea.