Velocity Reviews

-   -   WIN16 app to win32 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t694235-win16-app-to-win32.html)

Trevor Halsey 08-09-2009 11:35 PM

WIN16 app to win32

Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
(without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
have failed.

His e-mail address is U9118802@sys.uea.ac.uk (Stephen Baxter)

Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

Colin Barnhorst 08-10-2009 01:01 AM

Re: WIN16 app to win32

"Trevor Halsey" <thals1992@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
> is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
> possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
> (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
> install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
> have failed.
>
> His e-mail address is U9118802@sys.uea.ac.uk (Stephen Baxter)
>

> Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

No. You should try running it in a virtual machine.

Dr Frankenstein 08-10-2009 01:20 AM

Re: WIN16 app to win32

On 9 août, 19:35, "Trevor Halsey" <thals1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
> is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
> possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
> (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
> install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
> have failed.
>
> His e-mail address is U9118...@sys.uea.ac.uk *(Stephen Baxter)
>
> Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

Unless you have the source code, no.

Dr Frankenstein 08-10-2009 01:33 AM

Re: WIN16 app to win32

On 9 août, 19:35, "Trevor Halsey" <thals1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
> is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
> possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
> (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
> install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
> have failed.
>
> His e-mail address is U9118...@sys.uea.ac.uk *(Stephen Baxter)
>
> Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

I shall add that there probably is a plethora of win32 or win64 clones
to that game.

bill bonaparte 10-23-2009 06:53 AM

Re: WIN16 app to win32

"Trevor Halsey" <thals1992@hotmail.com>
??????:1B749D44-017F-4AD8-867A-F5451A4B7E73@microsoft.com...
> Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
> is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
> possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
> (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
> install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
> have failed.
>
> His e-mail address is U9118802@sys.uea.ac.uk (Stephen Baxter)
>

> Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

I think you are a nostalgic boy ,or you expecially like experience the old
things. A game make for win16 is hard to run win32 or win64. I suggest you
play other game similar to WinRoids and make for win32 or win64. good luck
,and happy everyday.