Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dell laptop wireless zero shuts down (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t694160-dell-laptop-wireless-zero-shuts-down.html)

mommio2 08-09-2009 02:56 AM

Dell laptop wireless zero shuts down

Hi,
My school just ordered 8 Dell Latitude e5400 laptops. I was able to get
them onto the wireless network just fine, but when I get off, the Wireless
Zero Configuration turns off so the I can not reconnect. I have to restart
first and then go back and put a check next to "let windows configure your
wireless network" (or whatever it says) before I can get back on. Anyone
have any ideas? Thanks!
Mommio2

Barb Bowman 08-09-2009 10:08 AM

Re: Dell laptop wireless zero shuts down

There should be a setting in the *DELL* wireless utility to let
Windows manage the settings.

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 22:56:48 -0400, "mommio2"
<mommio2@notreallyinsightbb.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>My school just ordered 8 Dell Latitude e5400 laptops. I was able to get
>them onto the wireless network just fine, but when I get off, the Wireless
>Zero Configuration turns off so the I can not reconnect. I have to restart
>first and then go back and put a check next to "let windows configure your
>wireless network" (or whatever it says) before I can get back on. Anyone
>have any ideas? Thanks!
>Mommio2

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

mommio2 08-09-2009 01:48 PM

Re: Dell laptop wireless zero shuts down

There is, but the next time I try to connect, the check is gone and I have
to keep setting it up all over again.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] 08-09-2009 06:45 PM

Re: Dell laptop wireless zero shuts down

mommio2 <mommio2@notreallyinsightbb.com> wrote:
> There is, but the next time I try to connect, the check is gone and I
> have to keep setting it up all over again.
> Any ideas? Thanks!

Yep, it does that.
Contact Dell support, or simply uninstall the Dell wireless management
software in Add/Remove Programs.

Jack [MVP-Networking] 08-10-2009 03:45 AM

Re: Dell laptop wireless zero shuts down

Hi
In some cases uninstalling the vendor's Wireless utility uninstalls the
Drivers too.
So first try to neutralize the Utility by getting it out of the StartUp.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).