Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is there a list of fil extensions that can be displayed by ing and the SlideShowExtender (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t694033-is-there-a-list-of-fil-extensions-that-can-be-displayed-by-ing-and-the-slideshowextender.html)

AAaron123 08-07-2009 05:59 PM

Is there a list of fil extensions that can be displayed by ing and the SlideShowExtender

I just noticed that with the AJAX SlideShowExtender it appears that .tif
files are not displayed.

They are displayed with the img element.

Is there a list of drawing file extensions that can be displayed by img and
the SlideShowExtender.

Or does it depend on the Browser?

I wonder why the SlideShowExtender would be different than the img element?

Thanks

Gregory A. Beamer 08-07-2009 06:18 PM

Re: Is there a list of fil extensions that can be displayed by ing and the SlideShowExtender

"AAaron123" <aaaron123@roadrunner.com> wrote in

> I just noticed that with the AJAX SlideShowExtender it appears that
> .tif files are not displayed.
>
> They are displayed with the img element.
>
> Is there a list of drawing file extensions that can be displayed by
> img and the SlideShowExtender.
>
> Or does it depend on the Browser?
>
> I wonder why the SlideShowExtender would be different than the img
> element?

In general, ping, gif and jpeg will work in web applications, which
includes any extenders, containers, et al, on a page. This is browser
issue, so really old browsers might not support ping. I think IE will
also display bmp.

If you need to display other types, you will have to wrap the picture in
some type of executable (flash, ActiveX, java, Silverlight). Not sure
all of those will work, but that is the general direction you have to
head.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

AAaron123 08-07-2009 08:33 PM

Gregory A. Beamer wrote:
> "AAaron123" <aaaron123@roadrunner.com> wrote in
>
>> I just noticed that with the AJAX SlideShowExtender it appears that
>> .tif files are not displayed.
>>
>> They are displayed with the img element.
>>
>> Is there a list of drawing file extensions that can be displayed by
>> img and the SlideShowExtender.
>>
>> Or does it depend on the Browser?
>>
>> I wonder why the SlideShowExtender would be different than the img
>> element?
>>

> In general, ping, gif and jpeg will work in web applications, which
> includes any extenders, containers, et al, on a page. This is browser
> issue, so really old browsers might not support ping. I think IE will
> also display bmp.
>
> If you need to display other types, you will have to wrap the picture
> in some type of executable (flash, ActiveX, java, Silverlight). Not
> sure all of those will work, but that is the general direction you
> have to head.

>> Think outside the box! |

Thank you

Gregory A. Beamer 08-10-2009 08:44 PM

Re: Is there a list of fil extensions that can be displayed by ing and the SlideShowExtender

"AAaron123" <aaaron123@roadrunner.com> wrote in news:e1Wda55FKHA.4316
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

> Thank you

Glad I could help.