Velocity Reviews

-   -   proble with web.config (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t69348-proble-with-web-config.html)

aa 12-23-2003 02:16 PM

proble with web.config

I am using VS2003 and when I am launching the web application in the sub
folder page he me show the error
Configuration Error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 82: <location path="Gedimai">
Line 83: <system.web>
Line 84: <authentication mode="Windows">
Line 85: </authentication>
Line 86: <authorization>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Pirmadienis\web.config Line: 84

----
Version:1.1.4322.573

Kevin Spencer 12-23-2003 03:10 PM

Re: proble with web.config

In .Net configuration files, there are <section> elements which have a
number of attributes, one of which is the "allowDefinition" attribute. This
attribute defines where this configuration section is allowed to be defined.
When a configuration section has this element set to "MachineToApplication"
it means that the section can appear in the machine.config file, and in
application-level web.config files, which can overrule the machine.config
settings on an individual web basis. You can put a web.config file in a
sub-folder of an application; however, you can not have any sections with
"allowDefinition" attribute set to "MachineToApplication" in them. Only the
web.config file in the root folder of the web application can have these
sections in it.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"aa" <aa@centras.lt> wrote in message
> I am using VS2003 and when I am launching the web application in the sub
> folder page he me show the error
> Configuration Error

file
> required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
> below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
>
> Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as
> allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This

error
> can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an

application
> in IIS.
>
> Source Error:
>
> Line 82: <location path="Gedimai">
> Line 83: <system.web>
> Line 84: <authentication mode="Windows">
> Line 85: </authentication>
> Line 86: <authorization>
>
> Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Pirmadienis\web.config Line: 84

> ----
> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

ASP.NET