Velocity Reviews

-   -   Safari Display Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t69325-safari-display-problem.html)

Jane Hawkins 12-23-2003 04:43 AM

Safari Display Problem

My asp.net-created page looks fine for most browsers, but on Safari the text
assigned to a label at the end of my file displays over the top of the
beginning text.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Todd A 12-23-2003 03:09 PM

Re: Safari Display Problem

Jane,
You might have some issues with many of the ASP.NET server controls when
viewed in anything other than IE 6.0.
My web apps do not look the same in Opera, Mozilla, or IE, especially when I
have a lot of server controls, like the label, text box, button, datagrid,
etc.
You're best bet might be to write W3C standards compliant XHTML in
conjunction with CSS, and try to fit that into your .NET model somehow. It
may require you to rethink how you write your apps. It is a challenge!
Especially with different browsers supporting different levels of CSS.
Check out http://www.w3c.org for more information.

May I recommend the following book. It is the only computer book I have
actually read cover to cover, and I have over 30 phone-book size computer
books in my posession:

Designing With Web Standards by Jeffrey Zeldman
ISBN 0-7357-1201-8
http://www.zeldman.com

I don't have a Safari browser, so I really can't try to troubleshoot this
problem for you. I am only trying to share some of my experiences to maybe
provide you with some insight.

-Todd A.