Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Digitor no longer working as 2nd monitor (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t692878-digitor-no-longer-working-as-2nd-monitor.html)

Boppy 07-29-2009 04:55 AM

Digitor no longer working as 2nd monitor
 
Hi guys, since yesterday my Asus Notebook and Digitor TV have stopped
communicating. The TV works fine with SKy and VCR, and also as a
monitor for my desktop PC.

The notebook also works fine with the desktop monitor plugged in as a
secondary.

I've tried a couple of different VGA cables to no avail. I haven't
changed display settings in the last couple of days.Am using Vista
SP2.

When I plug the monitor into the notebook I get the "new hardware
found" ding noise but the monitor simply doesn't recognise that it's
plugged into a computer.

Can anyone suggest how I can get the Digitor working as a monitor
again?

Thanks in advance,
Jo

Boppy 07-29-2009 05:25 AM

Re: Digitor no longer working as 2nd monitor
 
On Jul 29, 4:55*pm, Boppy <therealbo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, since yesterday my Asus Notebook and Digitor TV have stopped
> communicating. The TV works fine with SKy and VCR, and also as a
> monitor for my desktop PC.
>
> The notebook also works fine with the desktop monitor plugged in as a
> secondary.
>
> I've tried a couple of different VGA cables to no avail. I haven't
> changed display settings in the last couple of days.Am using Vista
> SP2.
>
> When I plug the monitor into the notebook I get the "new hardware
> found" ding noise but the monitor simply doesn't recognise that it's
> plugged into a computer.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I can get the Digitor working as a monitor
> again?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jo


Never mind, sorted this - was something weird about Ultramon disabling
secondary monitor.
J

Boppy 07-30-2009 01:11 AM

Re: Digitor no longer working as 2nd monitor
 
On Jul 30, 10:45*am, "geoff" <ge...@nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote:
> Boppy wrote:
> > On Jul 29, 4:55 pm, Boppy <therealbo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
> > Never mind, sorted this - was something weird about Ultramon disabling
> > secondary monitor.

>
> Glad it worked out. *I was about to unhelpfully suggest that you shouldn't
> be surprised when anything 'Digitor' ceases to function *;-)
>
> geoff


Thanks Geoff, this is actually quite a good little set, 17 inch
flatscreen from Dick Smith.
Weirdly the problem was a setting in Ultramon but Ultramon wasn't even
running at the time.
Jo


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.