Velocity Reviews

-   -   MIME type of war file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t692451-mime-type-of-war-file.html)

Roedy Green 07-24-2009 08:02 PM

MIME type of war file

What is the mime type of a war file?

It is treated as a zip? jar? something else?

Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
could see what MIME type they are using?

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies

Roedy Green 07-24-2009 10:01 PM

Re: MIME type of war file

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:02:53 -0700, Roedy Green
<see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
>could see what MIME type they are using?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/sample/

is using text/plain

That seems odd.

Roedy Green 07-24-2009 10:04 PM

Re: MIME type of war file

someone who said :

>Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
>could see what MIME type they are using?

google is using
application/x-zip

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-example...r.war&can=2&q=

Arne Vajhøj 07-25-2009 12:29 AM

Re: MIME type of war file

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:02:53 -0700, Roedy Green
> <see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>> Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
>> could see what MIME type they are using?

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/sample/
>
> is using text/plain

Yes.

Treating it as text may create corruption due to different
line conventions.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj 07-25-2009 12:30 AM

Re: MIME type of war file

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:02:53 -0700, Roedy Green
> <see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>> Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
>> could see what MIME type they are using?

> google is using
> application/x-zip
>
> http://code.google.com/p/gwt-example...r.war&can=2&q=

That makes sense.

A war is in zip format.

And for download it does not have any special meaning (that is only
for servlet containers).

Go for it.

Arne