Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless problem sending (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t692011-wireless-problem-sending.html)

Deebrief 07-21-2009 04:32 PM

Wireless problem sending

Hi

Just used a friend's wireless connection.

All went well after he gave me the key paasword.

I collected the incoming mail, then tried to send some mail. This failed
saying the server did not recognise the e mail address.

Is this a problem with my provider possible at Virgin ??

Thanks

Dee

- Bobb - 07-21-2009 05:48 PM

Re: Wireless problem sending

Is your email set up to use LOCAL NETWORK rather than "Available network "
( wired vs wireless in this case)

Check your settings
servername , port numbers and check/compare with HIS email

JD 07-22-2009 08:04 AM

Deebrief wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just used a friend's wireless connection.
>
> All went well after he gave me the key paasword.
>
> I collected the incoming mail, then tried to send some mail. This failed
> saying the server did not recognise the e mail address.
>
> Is this a problem with my provider possible at Virgin ??
>

> Thanks
>

> Dee

Hi there

In your Mail settings you may have to change your outgoing server (SMTP)
as most ISP's block access to there servers from anyone not on there
network.

simplest way to do it is to add another account with similar settings
but change the outgoing server to the same as your friends one.

Good Luck

JD