Velocity Reviews

-   -   Undeleteable file folders (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691923-undeleteable-file-folders.html)

CJA 07-21-2009 12:58 AM

Undeleteable file folders

Not a clue why I can't (admis. priv. enabled with all permissions - file
sharing turned off). Empty - no contents. Security tab, etc. The only thing I
see is they are marked read only (which I am unable to change - reverts).
They are "busy" with some application (?huh?) - they're empty... only thing
running is windows explorer. Cannot be deleted at reboot. Running XP pro -
new user.

Been at this problem for hours and can't find a solution..

Carlos 07-21-2009 01:33 AM

RE: Undeleteable file folders

CJA,

Start by trying this freeware utility:
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

If that doesn't work, please try to give us more details about your
Operating System.
Please take into account that this is a NG for 64-bit systems only.
:)
Carlos

tsperling 07-21-2009 03:09 PM

Re: Undeleteable file folders

It would be interesting to know what kind of files is this - where are
they - and are they all zero byte? Did this happen all at once, or over a
longer time?

Why do you think it is important that you delete them?

Regards,

Tony. . .

R. C. White 07-21-2009 03:54 PM

Re: Undeleteable file folders

Hi, CJA.

One problem at a time...

> they are marked read only (which I am unable to change - reverts).

See this KB article from a few years ago:
You cannot view or change the Read-only or the System attributes of folders
in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, or in Windows Vista

And then...see Carlos' post. Can you give us the full pathname to at least
one of these folders? Disguise anything confidential, but be sure all the
Windows folders (Users, AppData, etc.) in the path are shown.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX