Velocity Reviews

-   -   Premium Rate VOIP Providers (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691826-premium-rate-voip-providers.html)

R Johnson 07-20-2009 07:01 AM

Premium Rate VOIP Providers

Hi,

I hate to have to ask this, but does anyone know of a legitimate, cheap
provider for UK Premium Rate over VOIP?

You know how you have those odd irritating customers and people that like
to call for no real reason for issues that are not really your issues?
Well, I would like one just for them without the hassle of another BT
line.

Suggestions most welcome.

Soruk 07-20-2009 05:13 PM

Re: Premium Rate VOIP Providers

On 2009-07-20, R Johnson <bounce@null.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hate to have to ask this, but does anyone know of a legitimate, cheap
> provider for UK Premium Rate over VOIP?
>
> You know how you have those odd irritating customers and people that like
> to call for no real reason for issues that are not really your issues?
> Well, I would like one just for them without the hassle of another BT
> line.
>
> Suggestions most welcome.

Get an 0871 number and point it at your Voip-in number? (01/02/0560
numbers are fine). The "Second Number" link in my sig is one such
source.

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

Gordon Henderson 07-20-2009 09:35 PM

Re: Premium Rate VOIP Providers

In article <slrnh699e9.j71.soruk@Zeskia.int.eridani.co.uk>,
Soruk <soruk@bitbucket.eridani.co.uk> wrote:
>On 2009-07-20, R Johnson <bounce@null.invalid> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hate to have to ask this, but does anyone know of a legitimate, cheap
>> provider for UK Premium Rate over VOIP?
>>
>> You know how you have those odd irritating customers and people that like
>> to call for no real reason for issues that are not really your issues?
>> Well, I would like one just for them without the hassle of another BT
>> line.
>>
>> Suggestions most welcome.

>Get an 0871 number and point it at your Voip-in number? (01/02/0560
>numbers are fine). The "Second Number" link in my sig is one such
>source.

FWIW: 0871 numbers will fall under the control of phonepayPlus as of
the 1st of August this year... So you & the wholesaler will need to be
registered, etc.

Gordon

Gordon Henderson 07-21-2009 09:07 PM

Re: Premium Rate VOIP Providers

In article <5sqdndBEP9W9g_vXnZ2dnUVZ8madnZ2d@bt.com>,
R. Mark Clayton <nospamclayton@btinternet.com> wrote:

>"Gordon Henderson" <gordon+usenet@drogon.net> wrote in message
>> In article <slrnh699e9.j71.soruk@Zeskia.int.eridani.co.uk>,
>> Soruk <soruk@bitbucket.eridani.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Get an 0871 number and point it at your Voip-in number? (01/02/0560
>>>numbers are fine). The "Second Number" link in my sig is one such
>>>source.

>> FWIW: 0871 numbers will fall under the control of phonepayPlus as of
>> the 1st of August this year... So you & the wholesaler will need to be
>> registered, etc.

>Have you got a link for this?

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/outpu...ber-Range.aspx

Gordon

R Johnson 07-22-2009 05:28 AM

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:07:02 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> In article <5sqdndBEP9W9g_vXnZ2dnUVZ8madnZ2d@bt.com>, R. Mark Clayton
> <nospamclayton@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>"Gordon Henderson" <gordon+usenet@drogon.net> wrote in message

>>> FWIW: 0871 numbers will fall under the control of phonepayPlus as of
>>> the 1st of August this year... So you & the wholesaler will need to be
>>> registered, etc.

>>Have you got a link for this?

> http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/outpu...ber-Range.aspx
>
> Gordon

It looks free to register, and I have nothing to hide so I'm fine with
that. I suspect, however, that long term there will be charges. This kind
of thing is rarely all 'consumer protection' and most often 'a slice of
the cake'. Mmmm.

Gordon Henderson 07-22-2009 03:35 PM

Re: Premium Rate VOIP Providers

In article <kYGdnTqnMKSkiPrXnZ2dnUVZ8kudnZ2d@bt.com>,

>>>Have you got a link for this?

>> http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/outpu...ber-Range.aspx
>>
>> Gordon

>Thanks - although I remember to try Google...

;-)

I spent some time recently going through the whole premium number thing
- reading their 83 page document (issue 11!) and lots of information on
their web site, calling them, etc.

The whole premium-rate thing, which quite lucrative in the right market,
does have a lot of red-tape to cross these days, including the posting
of a financial bond for some types of service too...

Gordon