Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gridview row index of HyperLink field - how to? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691505-gridview-row-index-of-hyperlink-field-how-to.html)

Bogdan 07-17-2009 02:20 AM

Gridview row index of HyperLink field - how to?

Hi,

I have a GridView HyperLink field with NavigateUrl. I'd like to save the
clicked on link's row index before navigating to 'NavigateUrl'. Does
clicking on the field fire any events that I can handle on the server side?
I'm using asp.net 2.0.

Thanks

Jayakrishnan 07-20-2009 08:52 AM

Re: Gridview row index of HyperLink field - how to?

You could code it in page load event using querystring to differentiate
the event.

Jay..

Alexey Smirnov 07-20-2009 01:05 PM

On Jul 17, 4:20*am, "Bogdan" <bog...@company.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a GridView HyperLink field with NavigateUrl. *I'd like to save the
> clicked on link's row index before navigating to 'NavigateUrl'. *Does
> clicking on the field fire any events that I can handle on the server side?
> I'm using asp.net 2.0.
>
> Thanks

No, it doesn't. You can replace HyperLink by CommandField, in this
case clicking on that field would fire a postback where you can get
the index. You can also use a "log"-page which can track all clicks,
for example, "log.aspx?url=http://msn.com&id=29"