Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: keeps losing internet connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691478-re-keeps-losing-internet-connection.html)

Jeff Strickland 07-16-2009 08:52 PM

Re: keeps losing internet connection

I had trouble with wireless connections going away. I upgraded my wireless
adaptors in the problem machines to the Wireless-N (802.11n) adaptors. These
adaptors changed the cost basis from $25-ish to $120-ish, but they work
flawlessly.

If you are running your machines through a CAT5 cable and still dropping the
connection, I'd be looking at the router as the problem.

JD 07-27-2009 09:42 PM

dennis meissner wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I had trouble with wireless connections going away. I upgraded my
>> wireless adaptors in the problem machines to the Wireless-N (802.11n)
>> adaptors. These adaptors changed the cost basis from $25-ish to
>> $120-ish, but they work flawlessly.
>>
>> If you are running your machines through a CAT5 cable and still
>> dropping the connection, I'd be looking at the router as the problem.
>>

> bought a new one, same results
>
> -d
>

>> "dennis meissner" <dennis@just4fun.com> wrote in message
>>> ok... been putting up with this problem long enough.
>>>
>>> Have an Asus P5W Deluxe DH mb with 2 embedded NICs running Vista Home
>>> Premium cpu is a core-2 e6700
>>>
>>> Every once in awhile I lose internet connectivity and so far have
>>> found the only resolution is to reboot.
>>>
>>> Tried both NICs and updated the Broadcom drivers same results.
>>>
>>> Changed connections on my router (even bought a new router) same
>>> results.
>>>
>>> Other pc's on my network have not problems (systems connected wired
>>> and wirelessly)
>>>
>>> oh... when I lose internet connectivity I can still renew my dhcp ip
>>> address from the router.
>>>
>>> Probably longterm not a huge deal.. I am going to build my new quad
>>> extreme in next couple of weeks... but this system will become my
>>> wife's and don't want to get her wrath.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Dennis

Hi all

Just noticed this post, there is a known problem with a VISTA feature
that may be causing this, the AUTO TUNE feature, you might want to
disable it:

From an ELEVATED command prompt type:
"netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled"

JD