Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco - 802.1x authentication fails at Windows XP - Domain not available (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691455-cisco-802-1x-authentication-fails-at-windows-xp-domain-not-available.html)

Marco 07-16-2009 03:40 PM

Cisco - 802.1x authentication fails at Windows XP - Domain not available

I have XP SP3 installed on a pc, configured to use 802.1x
authentication (PEAP -MSCHAPv2), using a Cisco 2960G switch and a Cisco ACS v4.2 Radius Server.

When I boot up the pc and try log in, 802.1x authentication fails. I get an error message ' System can not log you on because the Domain is not available'.

If i log in as an Administrator and do a manual login, im able to Authenticate onto the network, so i know i that i have configured the switch and the ACS server correctly (fingers crossed)

I have also tried a pc with Windows XP sp2 and im able to log in fine, so as suggests it could lead down to a SP3 issue or a service or global policy of some kind.

Has anyone come across this problem and know of a fix?
any help or suggestions will be most grateful

Thanks Marco