Velocity Reviews

-   -   WXP-x64 - Windows Update (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691303-wxp-x64-windows-update.html)

Tigre.Cachon 07-15-2009 01:52 PM

WXP-x64 - Windows Update

Hi all,

I cannot update my WXP-x64 using the Windows Update from the IE (v8.0 installed) command on the web browser, when I try to update the system shows me the following message:

===
Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page
About Windows Update
Support Information

You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows Update.
===

Based on the Microsoft Technet Support site I have checked the services.msc for the BITS and Automatic Updates and are properly configured and the services for both are started automatically, also the gpedit.msc it has not modify and it has the original setting since I installed the operating system. I have 2 computers and the other one is working properly the Windows Update, only on the second one is not working right.

Does anyone has something similar to this? how did you solve it?

Thanks for the support and any further notice about this.

---------------------------------------
Tigre.Cachon
tigre.cachon@gmail.com
---------------------------------------

Charlie Russel - MVP 07-15-2009 03:20 PM

Re: WXP-x64 - Windows Update

you probably will have better luck on the Windows Update newsgroup. Problems
with WU/MU are better handled there. I've crossposted there, and set the
followup accordingly.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

TMA 07-17-2009 10:09 AM

Re: WXP-x64 - Windows Update

I was having the same problem, but now I think I have a clue.

1) Since I have office 2007 installed, I went into office 2007 update instead of using the generic windows update.

2) It made a whole lot of sense (lol) ... disk space ... yes, I left too little room for windows XP in my 500gb hd.

Hope that helps solving your problems.