Velocity Reviews

-   -   Are Laptops Better Than PCs? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691295-are-laptops-better-than-pcs.html)

shopping.portal18@gmail.com 07-15-2009 12:32 PM

Are Laptops Better Than PCs?

If I were to say it’s an age of Laptops, I wouldn’t be wrong. There
was a time when PC’s were in demand – in schools, in colleges, in
offices and in homes. Today, things have changed a bit – PCs can be
found everywhere, in fact they have become a common man’s attire. With
low cost pricing and good marketing, PCs can now be seen in almost
every doorstep. But, what comes next – for certain it is the laptop
which is now looking places – in the hands of students, in the hands
of business executives, on the table of managers and in the hands of a
government official. Gradually, laptops are taking the place of PCs
around the country.

All the major electronics companies are taking part in this turnabout
– be it Toshiba, Sony, Dell, HP or any other major IT company. Unlike
the old day’s computers, today’s laptops are being designed, packed
and marketed targeting different segments of users like students,
professionals, artists and designers. Better marketing and better
usage are making laptops the demand of the end user. Of course, the
easeness of carrying laptops from place to another cannot be swayed
away. So, if you haven’t bought a laptop till today, why not now?
Please login to http://www.homeshop18.com/shop/u/y/c...I_920-pCI_909-

John 09-24-2009 02:18 AM

Re: Are Laptops Better Than PCs?

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:32:17 -0700 (PDT), shopping.portal18@gmail.com
wrote:

> If I were to say itˇ¦s an age of Laptops, I wouldnˇ¦t be wrong. There
> was a time when PCˇ¦s were in demand ˇV in schools, in colleges, in
> offices and in homes. Today, things have changed a bit ˇV PCs can be
> found everywhere, in fact they have become a common manˇ¦s attire. With
> low cost pricing and good marketing, PCs can now be seen in almost
> every doorstep. But, what comes next ˇV for certain it is the laptop
> which is now looking places ˇV in the hands of students, in the hands
> of business executives, on the table of managers and in the hands of a
> government official. Gradually, laptops are taking the place of PCs
> around the country.
>
> All the major electronics companies are taking part in this turnabout
> ˇV be it Toshiba, Sony, Dell, HP or any other major IT company. Unlike
> the old dayˇ¦s computers, todayˇ¦s laptops are being designed, packed
> and marketed targeting different segments of users like students,
> professionals, artists and designers. Better marketing and better
> usage are making laptops the demand of the end user. Of course, the
> easeness of carrying laptops from place to another cannot be swayed
> away. So, if you havenˇ¦t bought a laptop till today, why not now?
> Please login to http://www.homeshop18.com/shop/u/y/c...I_920-pCI_909-

Laptops are PC's.

Jeff Strickland 09-24-2009 02:26 AM

"John" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
news:1qasxdaa0j3l7$.1xmp5adq2mxex$.dlg@40tude.net. ..
> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:32:17 -0700 (PDT), shopping.portal18@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
>> If I were to say itˇ¦s an age of Laptops, I wouldnˇ¦t be wrong. There
>> was a time when PCˇ¦s were in demand ˇV in schools, in colleges, in
>> offices and in homes. Today, things have changed a bit ˇV PCs can be
>> found everywhere, in fact they have become a common manˇ¦s attire. With
>> low cost pricing and good marketing, PCs can now be seen in almost
>> every doorstep. But, what comes next ˇV for certain it is the laptop
>> which is now looking places ˇV in the hands of students, in the hands
>> of business executives, on the table of managers and in the hands of a
>> government official. Gradually, laptops are taking the place of PCs
>> around the country.
>>
>> All the major electronics companies are taking part in this turnabout
>> ˇV be it Toshiba, Sony, Dell, HP or any other major IT company. Unlike
>> the old dayˇ¦s computers, todayˇ¦s laptops are being designed, packed
>> and marketed targeting different segments of users like students,
>> professionals, artists and designers. Better marketing and better
>> usage are making laptops the demand of the end user. Of course, the
>> easeness of carrying laptops from place to another cannot be swayed
>> away. So, if you havenˇ¦t bought a laptop till today, why not now?
>> Please login to
>> http://www.homeshop18.com/shop/u/y/c...I_920-pCI_909-

> Laptops are PC's.

Unless they're Macs.

As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid replying to a post that is more
than 60 days old, especially when they are as nonsensical as the one you
replied to.

John 09-24-2009 07:56 AM

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:26:24 -0700, Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "John" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
> news:1qasxdaa0j3l7$.1xmp5adq2mxex$.dlg@40tude.net. ..
>> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:32:17 -0700 (PDT), shopping.portal18@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If I were to say itˇ¦s an age of Laptops, I wouldnˇ¦t be wrong. There
>>> was a time when PCˇ¦s were in demand ˇV in schools, in colleges, in
>>> offices and in homes. Today, things have changed a bit ˇV PCs can be
>>> found everywhere, in fact they have become a common manˇ¦s attire. With
>>> low cost pricing and good marketing, PCs can now be seen in almost
>>> every doorstep. But, what comes next ˇV for certain it is the laptop
>>> which is now looking places ˇV in the hands of students, in the hands
>>> of business executives, on the table of managers and in the hands of a
>>> government official. Gradually, laptops are taking the place of PCs
>>> around the country.
>>>
>>> All the major electronics companies are taking part in this turnabout
>>> ˇV be it Toshiba, Sony, Dell, HP or any other major IT company. Unlike
>>> the old dayˇ¦s computers, todayˇ¦s laptops are being designed, packed
>>> and marketed targeting different segments of users like students,
>>> professionals, artists and designers. Better marketing and better
>>> usage are making laptops the demand of the end user. Of course, the
>>> easeness of carrying laptops from place to another cannot be swayed
>>> away. So, if you havenˇ¦t bought a laptop till today, why not now?
>>> Please login to
>>> http://www.homeshop18.com/shop/u/y/c...I_920-pCI_909-

>> Laptops are PC's.

> Unless they're Macs.
>
> As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid replying to a post that is more
> than 60 days old, especially when they are as nonsensical as the one you
> replied to.

You need to get a life Jeff. Since when have Toshiba, Sony,Dell and Hp
been making Macs?

Jeff Strickland 09-24-2009 03:23 PM

news:19oy7t8cmzeko$.1nwkotblqkd6l.dlg@40tude.net.. .
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:26:24 -0700, Jeff Strickland wrote:
>
>> "John" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> news:1qasxdaa0j3l7$.1xmp5adq2mxex$.dlg@40tude.net. ..

>>> Laptops are PC's.

>> Unless they're Macs.
>>
>> As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid replying to a post that is
>> more
>> than 60 days old, especially when they are as nonsensical as the one you
>> replied to.

> You need to get a life Jeff. Since when have Toshiba, Sony,Dell and Hp
> been making Macs?

Just because the form factor is a laptop does not make it a PC.

Yes, all of the brands listed are PC-based laptops, but laptops are not
uniquely PC-based. Therefore, laptops are PCs, unless they are Macs.

In any case, nobody but you replied to this crap, and it took you 60+ days.
Talk about needing to get a life ...

John 09-24-2009 03:48 PM

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:23:18 -0700, Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "John" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
> news:19oy7t8cmzeko$.1nwkotblqkd6l.dlg@40tude.net.. .
>> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:26:24 -0700, Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>
>>> "John" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> news:1qasxdaa0j3l7$.1xmp5adq2mxex$.dlg@40tude.net. ..

>>> Unless they're Macs.
>>>
>>> As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid replying to a post that is
>>> more
>>> than 60 days old, especially when they are as nonsensical as the one you
>>> replied to.

>> You need to get a life Jeff. Since when have Toshiba, Sony,Dell and Hp
>> been making Macs?

> Just because the form factor is a laptop does not make it a PC.
>
> Yes, all of the brands listed are PC-based laptops, but laptops are not
> uniquely PC-based. Therefore, laptops are PCs, unless they are Macs.
>
> In any case, nobody but you replied to this crap, and it took you 60+ days.
> Talk about needing to get a life ...

Twisting and turning just proves what an idiot you truly are. May I
suggest that in future if a posting causes you such distress just
ignore it, that's if you know how to use a real newsreader.