Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: upgrade (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t691200-re-upgrade.html)

Dominic Payer 07-14-2009 06:56 PM

Re: upgrade

It will probably be possible to use the upgrade disk to create a clean
install, but until we see the RTM disks no-one will know for certain.

It will not be legal to have a dual installation of Vista and Windows 7
upgrade if the Vista installation is the one qualifying the upgrade. A
retail Windows licence is for one installation on one machine only and
the upgrade licence replaces (i.e. cancels) the licence for the version
of Windows upgraded (and all previous versions in the upgrade chain).

Bobby Johnson 07-14-2009 07:13 PM

Re: upgrade

You're absolutely correct. I failed to the OP wanted to do it with an
upgrade version. It would not be legal if the only copy of Windows
he/she has is one copy of Vista. If the OP owns more than one copy of
Vista, or XP, then it could well be legal.

Thanks for pointing out my error.