Velocity Reviews

-   -   Home Premium over Vista Ultimate (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t690743-home-premium-over-vista-ultimate.html)

David B. Mathews 07-10-2009 12:07 PM

Home Premium over Vista Ultimate

Will I be able to update Vista Ultimate with the Win 7 Home Premium or will
I need to do a clean install. I was hoping to just update it and use it for
a few weeks learning the in's and out's of it and then do the clean install.

Jane C 07-10-2009 12:48 PM

Re: Home Premium over Vista Ultimate

David B. Mathews wrote:
> Will I be able to update Vista Ultimate with the Win 7 Home Premium or
> will I need to do a clean install. I was hoping to just update it and
> use it for a few weeks learning the in's and out's of it and then do the
> clean install.

That would be a clean install scenario as going from Ultimate to Home
Premium is considered a downgrade.

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009

Jerry 07-10-2009 08:28 PM

Re: Home Premium over Vista Ultimate

Windows 7 forums:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro

David B. Mathews 07-12-2009 01:49 AM

Re: Home Premium over Vista Ultimate

So the only way to upgrade would be to buy Windows 7 Ult. Professional
won't do the trick?