Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Buy it now for 3 million (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t690204-re-buy-it-now-for-3-million.html)

richard 07-06-2009 03:20 AM

Re: Buy it now for 3 million

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 15:42:27 -0700, "The Real Truth MVP" <trt@void.com>
wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Michael-Jack...3A1%7C294%3A50

As of the moment, all 20 bids but one have been declined.
That one is pending.

Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke as the American
Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke. It's a wonder
even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

Evan Platt 07-06-2009 03:44 AM

Re: Buy it now for 3 million

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:20:49 -0500, richard <member@newsguy.com>
wrote:

>Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke

It's likely unfortunately not a 'joke' but someone who really believes
they'll get lots of money for their auction.

>as the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

What?? Do you even know how eBay and charity sales work?

Obviously not.

>It's a wonder even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

What policy of theirs does it violate?

richard 07-06-2009 03:55 AM

Re: Buy it now for 3 million

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:44:25 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:20:49 -0500, richard <member@newsguy.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke

>It's likely unfortunately not a 'joke' but someone who really believes
>they'll get lots of money for their auction.
>
>>as the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

>What?? Do you even know how eBay and charity sales work?
>
>Obviously not.
>
>>It's a wonder even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

>What policy of theirs does it violate?

The domain is kosher. Information available says the contact person is
a "jason crane". The domain is registered through godaddy's domains by
proxy service. Obviously, Mr. Crane wishes not to be found by American
Red Cross or perhaps even ebay.

Anyone can claim that this is a charity fund raising event. Yeppers.
That charity being his pocket and bank account.

Evan Platt 07-06-2009 04:03 AM

Re: Buy it now for 3 million

Uhh no ****?

>Information available says the contact person is
>a "jason crane". The domain is registered through godaddy's domains by
>proxy service. Obviously, Mr. Crane wishes not to be found by American
>Red Cross or perhaps even ebay.

Uhhhh you again know not what you're talking about.

>Anyone can claim that this is a charity fund raising event. Yeppers.
>That charity being his pocket and bank account.

So... Explain what you meant in your first message of

>the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

The ARC had no involvement in this auction at all. Your comment makes
no sense.

Dh 07-06-2009 06:45 PM

Re: Buy it now for 3 million

"richard" <member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:44:25 -0700, Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:20:49 -0500, richard <member@newsguy.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke

>>It's likely unfortunately not a 'joke' but someone who really believes
>>they'll get lots of money for their auction.
>>
>>>as the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

>>What?? Do you even know how eBay and charity sales work?
>>
>>Obviously not.
>>
>>>It's a wonder even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

>>What policy of theirs does it violate?

> The domain is kosher. Information available says the contact person is
> a "jason crane". The domain is registered through godaddy's domains by
> proxy service. Obviously, Mr. Crane wishes not to be found by American
> Red Cross or perhaps even ebay.
>
> Anyone can claim that this is a charity fund raising event. Yeppers.
> That charity being his pocket and bank account.

Details said... 10% to American Red Cross. (90% to me)

Evan Platt 07-06-2009 06:58 PM

Re: Buy it now for 3 million

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:45:49 -0500, "Dh" <Dh@home.invalid.tv> wrote:

>Details said... 10% to American Red Cross. (90% to me)

Reading ain't one of RtS's strong points.