Velocity Reviews

-   -   guestbookworld site dead? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t690058-guestbookworld-site-dead.html)

jils 07-04-2009 10:30 AM

guestbookworld site dead?

can anyone translate the error message that i get when trying to access
www.guestbookworld.com?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING,
expecting ',' or ';' in
/hsphere/local/home/wright31/guestbookworld.com/guestbook/index.php on
line 17

does this mean i should find a different guestbook host, and can anyone
recommend one please?

Jan B 07-04-2009 11:17 AM

Re: guestbookworld site dead?

"jils" <jils@spambegone.com> schreef in bericht
news:4a4f2f5b$0$3253$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au ...

Go to http://www.guestbookworld.com/contact_us.htm for your questions and
then to http://www.guestbookworld.com/tos.htm for signing up.

chuckcar 07-04-2009 01:17 PM

Re: guestbookworld site dead?

jils <jils@spambegone.com> wrote in
news:4a4f2f5b$0$3253$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au :

> can anyone translate the error message that i get when trying to access
> www.guestbookworld.com?
>
> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING,
> expecting ',' or ';' in
> /hsphere/local/home/wright31/guestbookworld.com/guestbook/index.php on
> line 17
>
> does this mean i should find a different guestbook host, and can anyone
> recommend one please?

Quite simply bad code done by them. The browser you use may not work
properly on their site. Try IE if you're not using it.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 07-04-2009 01:36 PM

chuckcar wrote:

> jils <jils@spambegone.com> wrote:
>> can anyone translate the error message that i get when trying to access
>> www.guestbookworld.com?
>>
>> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING,
>> expecting ',' or ';' in
>> /hsphere/local/home/wright31/guestbookworld.com/guestbook/index.php on
>> line 17

From the path name, it appears the real URL is:
http://www.guestbookworld.com/guestbook/index.php

The author forgot to close a command. Simple to fix. Notify them about
it, as already suggested.

>> does this mean i should find a different guestbook host, and can
>> anyone recommend one please?

> Quite simply bad code done by them. The browser you use may not work
> properly on their site. Try IE if you're not using it.

Changing browsers is *not* going to fix a server-side coding problem.

--
-bts

Evan Platt 07-04-2009 02:59 PM

Re: guestbookworld site dead?

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 13:17:35 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <chuck@nil.car>
wrote:

>Quite simply bad code done by them.

You're correct....

>The browser you use may not work properly on their site. Try IE if you're not using it.

And.. Didn't last long. Missed the mark completely on that one.