Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows experience score (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t689515-windows-experience-score.html)

Mellowed 06-29-2009 03:49 PM

Windows experience score

OS Vista Ultimate 32 SP2

I recently had to replace my video card and thought that I would re-do
my Windows Experience Score. Old score was 5.3. When going to
Performance Information and Tools I am not given the option for a test.
I can't even see my old scores. The last rating was dated 4/13/08.

Is it possible that I disabled something along the line to remove this
option? Any ideas?

why? 06-29-2009 04:20 PM

Re: Windows experience score

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:49:10 -0700, Mellowed wrote:

>OS Vista Ultimate 32 SP2
>
>I recently had to replace my video card and thought that I would re-do
>my Windows Experience Score. Old score was 5.3. When going to
>Performance Information and Tools I am not given the option for a test.
> I can't even see my old scores. The last rating was dated 4/13/08.
>
>Is it possible that I disabled something along the line to remove this
>option? Any ideas?

Nothing like this worked?
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,530,000 for
windows experience run test
.. (0.23 seconds)

2nd hit,

Windows 7 Feature Focus Windows Experience Index | Vista Home
1 Feb 2009 ... As noted previously the Windows Experience Index tests
five key hardware ... Today, there isn't a PC being sold that can't run
Windows Aero, ...
http://www.vista123.net/.../windows-...perience-index

Part of the text says -

To manually re-run the WEI performance test, you will need to follow a
circuituitous route to the tool.

This,
Results 1 - 10 of about 16,100 for
windows wei view old scores
.. (0.31 seconds)
http://www.google.com/search?q=windo...iew+old+scores

Maybe,
Results 1 - 10 of about 82,900 for
restore old wei scores
.. (0.23 seconds)

Ok so it's the same looking post, who knows maybe different answers.

#
Lost ability to update WEI score. - Vista Forums
7 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 12 Apr 2008
I can no longer upsate the WEI score. In control panel - system, I see
the score but ... Old 04-12-2008. Amorphous. Newbie. Join Date: Apr 2008
.... Which entries needed to be removed to restore the lost
functionality? ...
http://www.vistax64.com/.../56319-lo...wei-score.html - Cached -
Similar -
#
Lost ability to update WEI score.
I can no longer upsate the WEI score. In control panel - system, I see
the score ... Which entries needed to be removed to restore the lost
functionality? ...
http://www.winvistatips.com/lost-abi...re-t90304.html - Cached
- Similar -

Me

VanguardLH 06-29-2009 05:48 PM

Mellowed wrote:

> OS Vista Ultimate 32 SP2
>
> I recently had to replace my video card and thought that I would re-do
> my Windows Experience Score. Old score was 5.3. When going to
> Performance Information and Tools I am not given the option for a test.
> I can't even see my old scores. The last rating was dated 4/13/08.
>
> Is it possible that I disabled something along the line to remove this
> option? Any ideas?

Windows Vista general newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Mellowed 06-29-2009 09:30 PM

VanguardLH wrote:
> Mellowed wrote:
>
>> OS Vista Ultimate 32 SP2
>>
>> I recently had to replace my video card and thought that I would re-do
>> my Windows Experience Score. Old score was 5.3. When going to
>> Performance Information and Tools I am not given the option for a test.
>> I can't even see my old scores. The last rating was dated 4/13/08.
>>
>> Is it possible that I disabled something along the line to remove this
>> option? Any ideas?

> Windows Vista general newsgroup:
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

I did post there with no response. I'm checking into 'Why's suggestions
now. My earlier Google search didn't yield any results. Probably wrong
search words.

Mellowed 06-30-2009 12:13 AM

why? wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:49:10 -0700, Mellowed wrote:
>
>> OS Vista Ultimate 32 SP2
>>
>> I recently had to replace my video card and thought that I would re-do
>> my Windows Experience Score. Old score was 5.3. When going to
>> Performance Information and Tools I am not given the option for a test.
>> I can't even see my old scores. The last rating was dated 4/13/08.
>>
>> Is it possible that I disabled something along the line to remove this
>> option? Any ideas?

> Nothing like this worked?
> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,530,000 for
> windows experience run test
> . (0.23 seconds)
>
> 2nd hit,
>
> Windows 7 Feature Focus Windows Experience Index | Vista Home
> 1 Feb 2009 ... As noted previously the Windows Experience Index tests
> five key hardware ... Today, there isn't a PC being sold that can't run
> Windows Aero, ...
> http://www.vista123.net/.../windows-...perience-index
>
> Part of the text says -
>
> To manually re-run the WEI performance test, you will need to follow a
> circuituitous route to the tool.
>
> This,
> Results 1 - 10 of about 16,100 for
> windows wei view old scores
> . (0.31 seconds)
> http://www.google.com/search?q=windo...iew+old+scores
>
> Maybe,
> Results 1 - 10 of about 82,900 for
> restore old wei scores
> . (0.23 seconds)
>
> Ok so it's the same looking post, who knows maybe different answers.
>
> #
> Lost ability to update WEI score. - Vista Forums
> 7 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 12 Apr 2008
> I can no longer upsate the WEI score. In control panel - system, I see
> the score but ... Old 04-12-2008. Amorphous. Newbie. Join Date: Apr 2008
> ... Which entries needed to be removed to restore the lost
> functionality? ...
> http://www.vistax64.com/.../56319-lo...wei-score.html - Cached -
> Similar -
> #
> Lost ability to update WEI score.
> I can no longer upsate the WEI score. In control panel - system, I see
> the score ... Which entries needed to be removed to restore the lost
> functionality? ...
> http://www.winvistatips.com/lost-abi...re-t90304.html - Cached
> - Similar -
>

> Me

Many thanks. After searching thru your links I got it. My initial
Google search didn't yield the pertinent results. I had also previously
posted the same request on the Vista forms without any responses. This
forum solved the problem.

Thanks,