Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can span include span? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t689249-can-span-include-span.html)

Fulio Open 06-26-2009 01:27 PM

Can span include span?

Does span including span legitimate? I have a page containing tags as
the following:

The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
information.

fulio pen

Adrienne Boswell 06-26-2009 01:43 PM

Re: Can span include span?

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fulio Open <fuliopen@yahoo.com>
writing in news:ffaa4d4d-5864-483e-844b-a4dfa8a50603
@n19g2000vba.googlegroups.com:

> Does span including span legitimate? I have a page containing tags as
> the following:

> The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
> information.
>
> fulio pen

Did you validate it? URL?

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Fulio Pen 06-26-2009 02:06 PM

Re: Can span include span?

On Jun 26, 9:43*am, Adrienne Boswell <arb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fulio Open <fulio...@yahoo.com>
> writing in news:ffaa4d4d-5864-483e-844b-a4dfa8a50603
> @n19g2000vba.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Does span including span legitimate? *I have a page containing tags as
> > the following:

> > The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
> > information.

> > fulio pen

> Did you validate it? *URL?
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell at Home
> Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

I'd better go and validate it first. There are Chinese writing in the
page. It is hard to understand without knowing the language and
writing. Open the page. Click the 'PinYin button. In the rectangle,
the problem is with the last three spelling. Opening with different
browsers, you will see the displays are not same.

http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quote/convert2c.html

Thanks for your response.

fulio pen

Harlan Messinger 06-26-2009 02:46 PM

Re: Can span include span?

Fulio Open wrote:
> Does span including span legitimate? I have a page containing tags as
> the following:

> The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
> information.

Spans can contain spans, yes.

Jukka K. Korpela 06-26-2009 06:31 PM

Re: Can span include span?

Fulio Pen wrote:

> I'd better go and validate it first.

Indeed that had been recommendable, to speed things up.

> There are Chinese writing in the
> page. It is hard to understand without knowing the language and
> writing.

What really makes understanding harder is that you are not telling what the
problem is (and why you assumed it was related to nested spans).

> Open the page. Click the 'PinYin button. In the rectangle,
> the problem is with the last three spelling.

The last three _what_? The last three syllables? "mao2 ze2 dong1", with the
numbers as superscripts? What's wrong with that?

> Opening with different
> browsers, you will see the displays are not same.

Different browsers should be expected to be different. What is the problem?
The text is the same on IE 8 as on FF 3, for example, except for the font.

> http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quote/convert2c.html

There are markup errors, a CSS problem, and a JavaScript problem, but these
need not have anything to do with the problem.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

dorayme 06-26-2009 10:24 PM

Re: Can span include span?

In article
Fulio Open <fuliopen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does span including span legitimate? I have a page containing tags as
> the following:

Yes:

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/goingDown.html>

--