Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   QOS on a particular scenario (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t688826-qos-on-a-particular-scenario.html)

laf 06-23-2009 10:12 AM

QOS on a particular scenario

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I need to implement an QOS policy for the attached scenario.
Couple things to be mentioned:

All the connection to the router goes to a single Gigabit port; there s a trunk with the 3750 neighbor and on that port goes all the traffic in both directions.

interface GigabitEthernet3/1
description Management_class
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
no ip unreachables
no ip proxy-arp
ip accounting output-packets
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet3/1.101
description Our_company
encapsulation dot1Q 101
ip address BGP_subclass_A.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet3/1.102
description Clients_Internet
encapsulation dot1Q 102
ip address BGP_subclass_B.1 255.255.255.0

interface GigabitEthernet3/1.219
description ISP_1
encapsulation dot1Q 219
ip address ISP_1_IP 255.255.255.224
no ip redirects
!
interface GigabitEthernet3/1.401
description ISP_2
encapsulation dot1Q 401
ip address ISP_2_IP 255.255.255.252
no ip redirects
!

My goal is to prioritize the Internet for RED selected server, which is actually a Linux GW.

Please throw me some hints of how I could do this ? I was thinking to create an ACL to select the traffic which originates from my Linux GW and then use the class_traffic_ACL on a policy map to and apply a priority of 30;

My question is: where to apply the policy map? On the interface or on the sub_interface? Will it really work?

Or is it better to start marking the traffic of interest instead of using an ACL?