Velocity Reviews

-   -   Computor screen pales and keyboard dies (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t688356-computor-screen-pales-and-keyboard-dies.html)

Emory Richter 06-19-2009 01:13 AM

Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

I have this PC problem:
My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*

Ever heard of this
and if so, what is happening
and how to remedy it.**
*

Evan Platt 06-19-2009 01:36 AM

Re: Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:13:44 -0400, Emory Richter <emory@aol.com>
wrote:

>I have this PC problem:

Laptop? Desktop?

>My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*

So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
whatever you type show? What do you have to do to get it to work
again?

>I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*
>
>Ever heard of this
>and if so, what is happening
>and how to remedy it.**

What happens to the light on the monitor when this happens, assuming
this is a monitor and not a laptop?

VanguardLH 06-19-2009 01:41 AM

Emory Richter wrote:

> I have this PC problem:
> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
> I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*
>
> Ever heard of this
> and if so, what is happening
> and how to remedy it.**

For desktop: replace the power supply.

For laptop: replace the old batteries.

Emory Richter 06-19-2009 02:42 AM

Re: Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

In article <h1eqd8$poo$1@news.eternal-september.org>, V@nguard.LH says...
> Emory Richter wrote:
>
> > I have this PC problem:
> > My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
> > I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*

> For desktop: replace the power supply.
> For laptop: replace the old batteries.

VanguardLH, thanks for your response.
Emory

Emory Richter 06-19-2009 02:45 AM

Re: Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

In article <kqql359am4vpib5758q1o4vv0mvp20s5oe@4ax.com>,
evan@******************************* says...
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:13:44 -0400, Emory Richter <emory@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have this PC problem:

Desktop !

> >My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*

> So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
> whatever you type show?

No

>What do you have to do to get it to work
>again?

It starts again on its own.

> >I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*
> >
> >Ever heard of this
> >and if so, what is happening
> >and how to remedy it.**

> What happens to the light on the monitor when this happens, assuming
> this is a monitor and not a laptop?

The light stays on.

Evan, thanks for your attention.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 06-19-2009 05:02 AM

Emory Richter wrote:

> evan@******************************* says...
>> Emory Richter <emory@aol.com> wrote:
>>> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously
>>> stops.*

>> So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
>> whatever you type show?

> No
>
>> What do you have to do to get it to work again?

> It starts again on its own.

It has finished sending the 5,000 spam email job, and has returned
control to you for awhile.

--
-bts

Evan Platt 06-19-2009 05:55 AM

Re: Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:45:31 -0400, Emory Richter <emory@aol.com>
wrote:

>> So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
>> whatever you type show?

>No

So - if you're say typing a letter, and the screen goes blank - type.
Just keep typing. When it comes back on, does what you typed show?

>>What do you have to do to get it to work
>>again?

>It starts again on its own.

Ok - does it 'start' again', as in it reboots? Does it go back to
whatever it is you were doing - ie if you were in a document, it's
back as if nothing happened?

>> What happens to the light on the monitor when this happens, assuming
>> this is a monitor and not a laptop?

>The light stays on.
>
>Evan, thanks for your attention.

Ok, so it doesn't sound like the monitor, but most monitors have a
multi colored light. Green is on / signal, yellow is on, so signal. So
the light stays green, and the keyboard dies?

Does the monitor truly go 'pale' or just black - as if you shut it
off?

Does the fan on the computer stop or does the computer sound like it's
shut down?

wisdomkiller & pain 06-19-2009 06:59 AM

Emory Richter wrote:

> I have this PC problem:
> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.
> I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.

Does it do this in the same way UAC dims your screen?
You may have a window hidden behind where you (continue to) type. Try alt-
tab if possible.
Maybe you have malware or something that tries to hide ...
What do you see in eventviewer?

chuckcar 06-19-2009 11:54 AM

Re: Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

Emory Richter <emory@aol.com> wrote in

> I have this PC problem:
> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
> I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*

Try wiggling the connection from the monitor to the back of the computer.
If this affects it, shut down the computer and check both parts of the
connection with a flashlight. Broken screws and/or connectors/wires are
possible. If possible, try the monitor on a different computer. If it
works fine there, then you probably have video card problems. Otherwise,
replace your monitor.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt 06-19-2009 06:06 PM

Re: Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:54:34 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <chuck@nil.car>
wrote:

>Try wiggling the connection from the monitor to the back of the computer.
>If this affects it, shut down the computer and check both parts of the
>connection with a flashlight. Broken screws and/or connectors/wires are
>possible. If possible, try the monitor on a different computer. If it
>works fine there, then you probably have video card problems. Otherwise,
>replace your monitor.

Wow.. Chucktard misses the boat yet again.