Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web Form Performance Versus Single File Performance (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t68739-web-form-performance-versus-single-file-performance.html)

jm 12-12-2003 10:28 PM

Web Form Performance Versus Single File Performance

Those of you who use Visual Studio, do you find a big performance
difference between the single file model and the web form / class
behind form model? I am trying to justify purchasing Visual Studio
..NET and want the "extended features" (compiling the .net page) to be
one of the reasons.

Thanks for any links, guidance, and help.

alien2_51 12-12-2003 11:14 PM

Re: Web Form Performance Versus Single File Performance

There's definate benefits of using the code behind model, especially with
larger projects with a lot of code. There's clear seperation between client
code and server code... I'm not sure but I think you should be able to use
the code behind model with web matrix, although the VS.NET debugger is
priceless and every bit worth buyong the full blown IDE...

http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/

news:c67e4bdd.0312121428.7a7dcea7@posting.google.c om...