Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wrapping LabVIEW and DAQmx Libraries for Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t687123-wrapping-labview-and-daqmx-libraries-for-python.html)

xkenneth 06-08-2009 01:35 PM

Wrapping LabVIEW and DAQmx Libraries for Python

All,

I've started wrapping the DAQmx and other LabVIEW libraries for
python using ctypes. I really like doing some things in python and
other in LabVIEW, so I'd like to have the same functionality available
for both. I've hosted the tiniest bit of code (mostly just proof of
concept) on github. Let me know if anyone else would be interested in
this. I'd love some help hashing it out.

- Ken

http://github.com/erdosmiller/pydaqmx/tree/master

Stef Mientki 06-08-2009 07:49 PM

Re: Wrapping LabVIEW and DAQmx Libraries for Python

hi Ketteth,

I was waiting for someone, making these available.
The hardware modules of NI are very good, and they have a huge range of
DAQ cards, even relative cheap ones.
We use USB 6009 and 9162 container a lot ( now in Delphi, because the
lack of Python drivers :-(

I took a biref look at your code,
but couldn't find any continous sampling routines.
Are you plan to create them ?

cheers,
Stef