Velocity Reviews

-   -   embed google news-feed in website (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t686789-embed-google-news-feed-in-website.html)

Martin Nadoll 06-05-2009 09:18 AM

embed google news-feed in website

Hello,

i hope, Ifound the right Newsgroup for my question:

I want to embed the results of a google news-search with a given serchword
into a own website. Is it possible, to get the xml-file from google and use
a own stylesheet, to show it in a <div>-Tag or inline frame?

Maybe someone knows a help or tutorial about that.

Thanks for any help,
Martin Nadoll

Martin Honnen 06-05-2009 11:27 AM

Re: embed google news-feed in website

Martin Nadoll wrote:

> I want to embed the results of a google news-search with a given serchword
> into a own website. Is it possible, to get the xml-file from google and use
> a own stylesheet, to show it in a <div>-Tag or inline frame?

Does Google return search results in XML format? And if they do that are
they allowing other sites to use those results?
As for the technical aspects, if you have an XML document then you can
certainly apply your own XSLT stylesheet to that, as long as you do it
on your server and have XSLT support there. Inside of the browser the
same origin policy would prevent your from successfully apply an XSLT
stylesheet from your server to an XML resource coming from a different
origin.

--

Martin Honnen
http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/