Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Economy must be improving (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t686386-re-economy-must-be-improving.html)

Fred 06-02-2009 11:45 AM

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:W7ednXy0j4bEnbjXnZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@ntd.net...
> Lookout wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:17:19 -0500, "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Made a purchase over the weekend.
>>>

>>> The seller stated his price and I simply paid him *ten times* his asking
>>> price and told him it was worth it to me.
>>>
>>> yep, the economy is doing better and I have more money than I know what
>>> to do with!

>> What baffles you is facts.

> Ok here are the facts:
>
> The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
> I gave him a dollar

You can get more up to date ones than that.

lugnut 06-02-2009 12:37 PM

Re: Economy must be improving

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:45:05 +1200, "Fred"
<reg@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
>news:W7ednXy0j4bEnbjXnZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@ntd.net.. .
>> Lookout wrote:

>>> What baffles you is facts.

>> Ok here are the facts:
>>
>> The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
>> I gave him a dollar

>You can get more up to date ones than that.

But, the one published today has no more relevance to
current events.

philo 06-02-2009 08:05 PM

Fred wrote:
> "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Lookout wrote:

>>> What baffles you is facts.

>> Ok here are the facts:
>>
>> The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
>> I gave him a dollar

> You can get more up to date ones than that.

Yes

but in my 1934 newspaper I can get a two year old car for $65

a house for $1800

and coke is $12 a ton

of course that's coke as in *coal* <G>

philo 06-02-2009 08:07 PM

lugnut wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:45:05 +1200, "Fred"
> <reg@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

>>> Ok here are the facts:
>>>
>>> The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
>>> I gave him a dollar

>> You can get more up to date ones than that.
>>

> But, the one published today has no more relevance to
> current events.

It's fun to read those old articles

I bet if the schools brought in copies of old news papers.
History class would actually be interesting
and the students would learn something.

well worth the $1 I paid..
plus the guy also threw in a bunch of wooden spools

joevan 06-03-2009 09:06 PM

Re: Economy must be improving

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:33:04 -0400, Manatee Memories
<See@the.REPLYTO.entry> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:48:14 -0500, "HEMI-Powered" <none@none.gn> wrote,
>by way of <Xns9C1EF22831CDEReplyScoreID@216.196.97.131>, in
>24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
>
>>Manatee Memories added these comments in the current discussion du
>>jour ...
>>
>>> Assuming that 12-ounce bottles were the only thing available at
>>> the time, how many cases would it have taken to make up a ton?
>>>

>>And, the mentally ill ex-vet reappears, huh, fishy asshole? You ever
>>con those VA people into giving you some meds to help you with your
>>delusions?

>Are you speaking of my "X Y Y" genetic anomaly, which has pre-disposed
>me, w/a minimum of 50% over that of the general population, towards some
>certain physical thing the likes of which I'd not wish even upon your
>gentle (not) and civilized (again; not) self?
>
>I had thought that you, Jerry, with some interval, might have come to
>your spiritual sense[s], but now I see you have quite a/the road to
>travel. Good luck in your journey. Take all the time you need.

Hemi powered, jerry, is nothing more than a damn troll.
As an manatee I would think maybe you would have plonked her or him by
now.