Velocity Reviews

-   -   Vista SP1 vs SP2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t685859-vista-sp1-vs-sp2.html)

Ian 05-28-2009 12:03 PM

Vista SP1 vs SP2

TeskFreaks have an article which compares Windows Vista SP1 and SP2 against eachother to see if there is any performance gain from upgrading:

Quote:

So, what have we learned here today? Well I learned really that I think I wasted a good 20 hours messing with this stuff…

I’ve also learned that not much changed in terms of performance really between service pack 1 and service pack 2. Sure there are drops in performance in a lot of the tests, but they’re so small that the average user will never notice any difference. The tests that improve with the move to SP2 are the same way, they’re negligible differences really.

Is it worth it to upgrade to service pack 2? That depends, most likely yes it is worth it for the hardware and software compatibility improvements, and of course any security benefits as well and the few new additions.
Read the whole article here.

b.boris52 07-08-2009 08:05 AM

Good find!