Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: 'Nother XP problem SOLVED! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t685557-re-nother-xp-problem-solved.html)

Limpy 05-26-2009 01:52 AM

Re: 'Nother XP problem SOLVED!

In the magical world of this newsgroup called 24hoursupport.helpdesk
on Sun, 10 May 2009 01:16:35 -0400 we were all amazed to see Limpy
<ivabigun@thatswaytoomuch.infoREMOVE> write:

>A friend decided to install XP on his vista box. He unplugged the data
>wire from his second SATA HDD but left the power connected (IDK if
>that's relevant) and installed XP.
>Now his 2nd drive (after reconnected the data cord with the PC off)
>shows as RAW when actually ALL his data from the C: dive is there.
>
>It shows up in computer management as healthy and working fine, and
>shows up fine in the setup screen. It even shows up in Windows
>Explorer, but when we click it it says it needs to be formatted.
>
>Is there a software or tweak to bring his stuff back?

FileScavenger 3.01 fixed it!
I was able to recover all his files, reformat his HDD and put
everything back in the right place. Like frickin' magic!