Velocity Reviews

-   -   Found a great photo archive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t685408-found-a-great-photo-archive.html)

philo 05-24-2009 03:28 PM

Found a great photo archive

http://www.shorpy.com/

maybe you guys already know about it

sandy58 05-24-2009 07:19 PM

Re: Found a great photo archive

On May 24, 4:28*pm, philo <ph...@privacy.invalid> wrote:
> http://www.shorpy.com/
>
> maybe you guys already know about it

Hey, nice one philo. Thanks. I'm very surprised at the quality of
camera work in that time. :-) Much obliged.

philo 05-24-2009 07:24 PM

sandy58 wrote:
> On May 24, 4:28 pm, philo <ph...@privacy.invalid> wrote:
>> http://www.shorpy.com/
>>
>> maybe you guys already know about it

> Hey, nice one philo. Thanks. I'm very surprised at the quality of
> camera work in that time. :-) Much obliged.

Someone gave me that link yesterday...and I wanted others to see it. One
of the times I have not just posted some stupid joke.

Anyway, you should not be surprised at the quality of old photographs,
The quality of those old, large-format cameras is actually better than
most of the cameras we have today.

There are still a few photographers that still use large format.

John Holmes 05-25-2009 05:14 PM

Re: Found a great photo archive

philo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> http://www.shorpy.com/
>

> maybe you guys already know about it

Bookmarked. Thanks.

--