Velocity Reviews

-   -   dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t685253-dell-laptop-a-key-is-way-too-sensitve-problem.html)

KOS 05-22-2009 10:45 PM

dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem

hi, i have a dell inspiron laptop, the 'a' key is way too sensitve, i
already have tried to adjust the keyboard via control panel. I also
have removed the key and cleaned the area.. still it is a bit too
sensitive. Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
tell me how to do it thanks

Evan Platt 05-23-2009 01:10 AM

Re: dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem

On Sat, 23 May 2009 00:44:59 +0000 (UTC), "SteveBell"
<respond@newsgroup.invalid> wrote:

>You've done pretty much everything you can do yourself.
>
>>Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
>>so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
>>tell me how to do it thanks

>These questions will be answered when you call Dell.

Didn't see the OP since they're on GG..

Dell will send you a replacement keyboard under warranty. Simple
replacement.

chuckcar 05-23-2009 02:09 AM

Re: dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem

KOS <computerstuff2@excite.com> wrote in

> hi, i have a dell inspiron laptop, the 'a' key is way too sensitve, i
> already have tried to adjust the keyboard via control panel. I also
> have removed the key and cleaned the area.. still it is a bit too
> sensitive. Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
> so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
> tell me how to do it thanks

A keyboard costs $20-30 in a computer store. Nothing's stopping you from
buying a different one. My bet is that you will not get it replaced for free
unless it's not working at all. Only Dell would know of course.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt 05-23-2009 03:39 AM

Re: dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem

On Sat, 23 May 2009 02:09:34 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <chuck@nil.car>
wrote:

>A keyboard costs $20-30 in a computer store. Nothing's stopping you from
>buying a different one. My bet is that you will not get it replaced for free
>unless it's not working at all. Only Dell would know of course.

A keyboard... On a laptop.

Read much chucktard?

And Dell WILL replace a keyboard under warranty if even ONE key is not
working.

Unless you know what you're talking about, STFU.

chuckcar 05-24-2009 01:35 AM

Re: dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem

"nobody >" <usenetharvested@aol.com> wrote in
news:WZidnQ_idNnUpIXXnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@supernews.co m:

> chuckcar wrote:
>> KOS <computerstuff2@excite.com> wrote in
>>
>>> hi, i have a dell inspiron laptop, the 'a' key is way too sensitve, i
>>> already have tried to adjust the keyboard via control panel. I also
>>> have removed the key and cleaned the area.. still it is a bit too
>>> sensitive. Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
>>> so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
>>> tell me how to do it thanks
>>>

>> A keyboard costs $20-30 in a computer store. Nothing's stopping you
>> from buying a different one. My bet is that you will not get it
>> replaced for free unless it's not working at all. Only Dell would know
>> of course.
>>

> Gawd Chuckie.. can't you READ? "dell inspiron laptop" as in LAPTOP?

show me a current laptop that you can't hook up an external keyboard to.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt 05-24-2009 03:21 AM

Re: dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem

On Sun, 24 May 2009 01:35:58 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <chuck@nil.car>
wrote:

>show me a current laptop that you can't hook up an external keyboard to.

Gee, and all those laptops we have at work with a broken screen... To
think we've been keeping them in a drawer - I could still use em. Just
carry around a LCD with them.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 05-24-2009 03:43 AM

Evan Platt wrote:

> chucktard wrote:
>> show me a current laptop that you can't hook up an external keyboard
>> to.

> Gee, and all those laptops we have at work with a broken screen... To
> think we've been keeping them in a drawer - I could still use em.
> Just carry around a LCD with them.

I have an old Fujitsu laptop with a dead screen, so I carry a 21" CRT
monitor around with me. No problem, except once the flight attendant
made me put the monitor in the overhead compartment. Fortunately, the
cable is long enough so I could still get some work done; though it took
a week to get rid of the crick in my neck.

--
-bts

Evan Platt 05-24-2009 05:39 AM

Re: dell laptop, "a' key is way too sensitve, problem

On Sat, 23 May 2009 20:14:58 -0700, "nobody >"
<usenetharvested@aol.com> wrote:

>Backpedal your way out of this one.

He won't. This is the point where he simply leaves the thread.