Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Digital Photography (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f37-digital-photography.html)
-   -   Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t683941-poor-poor-p-and-s-owner-learns-too-late.html)

Rich 05-13-2009 10:33 PM

Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
We need to educate these people about the dangers of owning P&S
cameras.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk.../page/0#760860


Charles 05-13-2009 10:39 PM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
On Wed, 13 May 2009 15:33:52 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rander3127@gmail.com>
wrote:

>We need to educate these people about the dangers of owning P&S
>cameras.
>
>http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk.../page/0#760860



"We" do? I don't feel the need.

Ray Fischer 05-14-2009 03:04 AM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
Rich <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
>We need to educate these people about the dangers of owning P&S
>cameras.



_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Do not feed the |
/ O O\__ | trolls. Thank you. |
/ \ | --Mgt. |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net


Bob Williams 05-14-2009 06:57 AM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
Rich wrote:
> We need to educate these people about the dangers of owning P&S
> cameras.
>
> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk.../page/0#760860
>

The FZ-28 already has a 486mm (equivalent) lens.
Adding a 3X auxiliary lens would bring it up to 1458mm!!!
Try purchasing one of those puppies for your F.F. DSLR.
Bob Williams

Chris Malcolm 05-14-2009 09:53 AM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
Bob Williams <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote:
> Rich wrote:
>> We need to educate these people about the dangers of owning P&S
>> cameras.
>>
>> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk.../page/0#760860


> The FZ-28 already has a 486mm (equivalent) lens.
> Adding a 3X auxiliary lens would bring it up to 1458mm!!!
> Try purchasing one of those puppies for your F.F. DSLR.


You don't need to fiddle with extenders of questionable optical
quality when you can buy high quality 2000mm and much bigger lenses.

--
Chris Malcolm

AnthonyL 05-14-2009 11:08 AM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
On 14 May 2009 09:53:37 GMT, Chris Malcolm <cam@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:


>
>You don't need to fiddle with extenders of questionable optical
>quality when you can buy high quality 2000mm and much bigger lenses.
>


Wouldn't you need to be Rich to buy one of those?

--
AnthonyL

J. Clarke 05-14-2009 01:47 PM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
AnthonyL wrote:
> On 14 May 2009 09:53:37 GMT, Chris Malcolm <cam@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
>
>>
>> You don't need to fiddle with extenders of questionable optical
>> quality when you can buy high quality 2000mm and much bigger lenses.
>>

>
> Wouldn't you need to be Rich to buy one of those?


You'd not only have to Rich to buy one but you'd have to be Ahnold to carry
it around all day.


Princess Tiaamii 05-14-2009 08:04 PM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
On May 14, 8:57*am, Bob Williams <mytbobnos...@cox.net> wrote:
> Rich wrote:
> > We need to educate these people about the dangers of owning P&S
> > cameras.

>
> >http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...p/Cat/0/Number...

>
> The FZ-28 already has a 486mm (equivalent) lens.
> Adding a 3X auxiliary lens would bring it up to 1458mm!!!
> Try purchasing one of those puppies for your F.F. DSLR.
> Bob Williams


he needs an Olympus 590uz with a Tcon17

SneakyP 05-15-2009 02:33 AM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
"Neil Harrington" <secret@illumnati.net> wrote in
news:8OudnXOYEci27pHXnZ2dnUVZ_rCdnZ2d@giganews.com :

>
> "AnthonyL" <nospam@please.invalid> wrote in message
> news:4a0bfb96.78745265@news.zen.co.uk...
>> On 14 May 2009 09:53:37 GMT, Chris Malcolm <cam@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>
>>>You don't need to fiddle with extenders of questionable optical
>>>quality when you can buy high quality 2000mm and much bigger lenses.
>>>

>>
>> Wouldn't you need to be Rich to buy one of those?

>
> You'd have to be rich, but not Rich.
>

Seeing that Rich is obsessed with P&S, I'd agree with both statements.




--
SneakyP
To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
down :0)

Bob Williams 05-15-2009 08:15 AM

Re: Poor, poor P&S owner learns too late...
 
Chris Malcolm wrote:
> Bob Williams <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote:
>> Rich wrote:
>>> We need to educate these people about the dangers of owning P&S
>>> cameras.
>>>
>>> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk.../page/0#760860

>
>> The FZ-28 already has a 486mm (equivalent) lens.
>> Adding a 3X auxiliary lens would bring it up to 1458mm!!!
>> Try purchasing one of those puppies for your F.F. DSLR.

>
> You don't need to fiddle with extenders of questionable optical
> quality when you can buy high quality 2000mm and much bigger lenses.



Surely, you jest!
A 2000 mm lens (actually mirror optics)will cost you about $8,800 USD.
See;
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...y=11&Go=submit
Also note that the carrying case is called a TRUNK and will set you back
another $669.
Bob Williams.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.