Velocity Reviews

-   -   Getting SocketTimeoutException when trying to contact web service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t683860-getting-sockettimeoutexception-when-trying-to-contact-web-service.html)

laredotornado 05-13-2009 01:49 PM

Getting SocketTimeoutException when trying to contact web service

Hi,

I'm using WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5. I'm trying to contact a web
service, which runs on http, port 80. Although I can SSH in to the
weblogic server and run "wget http://myservice/WSDL", when I try and
contact it through my code, I'm getting

ERROR 2009-05-13 09:35:54,521 -
[com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm::conta ctWPS] - Failed to
contact provisioning service.
java.rmi.RemoteException: SOAPFaultException - FaultCode [{http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server] FaultString [Failed to
receive message java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed outRead
timed out] FaultActor [null] Detail
[<detail>java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
</detail>]; nested exception is:
javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Failed to receive
message java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed outRead timed out
at
com.myco.regui.provisioning.client.ProvisioningAcc ountServicePortType_Stub.get
(ProvisioningAccountServicePortType_Stub.java:37)
at com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.contac tWPS
(AccountsForm.java:216)
at
com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.valida teAccountid
(AccountsForm.java:167)
at
com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.valida tePCAccountId
(AccountsForm.java:135)
at
com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm._valid atePCFields
(AccountsForm.java:116)
at com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.valida te
(AccountsForm.java:90)
at
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ValidateA ctionForm.validate
(ValidateActionForm.java:58)
at
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractValidateA ctionForm.execute
(AbstractValidateActionForm.java:120)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase .execute
(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute
(ChainBase.java:191)
at org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.exe cute
(LookupCommand.java:305)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute
(ChainBase.java:191)
at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor .process
(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process
(ActionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost
(ActionServlet.java:462)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:
763)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:
856)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper
$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java: 227)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invok eServlet
(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute
(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute
(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext
$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext. java:3231)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs
(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs
(SecurityManager.java:121)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.sec uredExecute
(WebAppServletContext.java:2002)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.exe cute
(WebAppServletContext.java:1908)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run
(ServletRequestImpl.java:1362)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread. java:209)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java :181)
Caused by: javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Failed to receive
message java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed outRead timed out
at weblogic.wsee.codec.soap11.SoapCodec.decodeFault
(SoapCodec.java:273)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.CodecHandler.deco deFault
(CodecHandler.java:106)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.CodecHandler.deco de
(CodecHandler.java:91)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.CodecHandler.hand leFault
(CodecHandler.java:79)
at weblogic.wsee.handler.HandlerIterator.handleFault
(HandlerIterator.java:254)
at weblogic.wsee.handler.HandlerIterator.handleRespon se
(HandlerIterator.java:224)
at
weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.ClientDispatcher. handleResponse
(ClientDispatcher.java:161)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.ClientDispatcher. dispatch
(ClientDispatcher.java:116)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.WsStub.invoke(WsStub.java:89)
at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.StubImpl._invoke(StubImpl.jav a:335)
at
com.myco.regui.provisioning.client.ProvisioningAcc ountServicePortType_Stub.get
(ProvisioningAccountServicePortType_Stub.java:32)
... 28 more

Does anyone know what the next steps I need to take to troubleshoot
this problem? Thanks, - Dave

John B. Matthews 05-14-2009 01:37 AM

Re: Getting SocketTimeoutException when trying to contact web service

In article
<afae579b-34ae-47fa-a048-58ede456ba5f@g19g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
laredotornado <laredotornado@zipmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5. I'm trying to contact a web
> service, which runs on http, port 80. Although I can SSH in to the
> weblogic server and run "wget http://myservice/WSDL", when I try and
> contact it through my code, I'm getting
>
> ERROR 2009-05-13 09:35:54,521 -
> [com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm::conta ctWPS] - Failed to
> contact provisioning service.

[...]
> Does anyone know what the next steps I need to take to troubleshoot
> this problem?

On the server, check netstat; on the client, try ping <host>, telenet
<host> 80, curl or wget.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Jim 05-14-2009 02:04 AM

Re: Getting SocketTimeoutException when trying to contact web service

On Wed, 13 May 2009 21:37:29 -0400, "John B. Matthews"
<nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>In article
><afae579b-34ae-47fa-a048-58ede456ba5f@g19g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
> laredotornado <laredotornado@zipmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm using WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5. I'm trying to contact a web
>> service, which runs on http, port 80. Although I can SSH in to the
>> weblogic server and run "wget http://myservice/WSDL", when I try and
>> contact it through my code, I'm getting
>>
>> ERROR 2009-05-13 09:35:54,521 -
>> [com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm::conta ctWPS] - Failed to
>> contact provisioning service.

>[...]
>> Does anyone know what the next steps I need to take to troubleshoot
>> this problem?

>On the server, check netstat; on the client, try ping <host>, telenet
><host> 80, curl or wget.

Any chance that you are going through a proxy?

Jim