Velocity Reviews

-   -   Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6836-shortcut-to-sp2s-choose-a-wireless-network-dialog-box.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBBLiBMb3dyeQ==?= 06-28-2005 04:16 PM

Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box?

I'd like to create a shortcut on my desktop that opens XP SP2's new "Choose a
wireless network" dialog box.

Windows XP SP2 introduced an interesting new dialog box for displaying and
selecting wireless networks. This dialog box appears when one selects "View
available wireless networks" from the contextual menu that appears when one
right-clicks on a wireless network interface in the Network Connections
window.

Is there a way to create a shortcut that opens this dialog box?

Clark 06-28-2005 04:42 PM

Re: Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box?

You should be able to right click on the icon in the system tray and select
View Wireless networks.

If you don't have the icon, go to you wireless connection and enable it.

Clark

"Michael A. Lowry" <Michael A. Lowry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F9DD328E-287B-4E7B-9031-49666BA180B2@microsoft.com...

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBBLiBMb3dyeQ==?= 06-28-2005 04:56 PM

Re: Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box?

Thanks, but I'm already aware of the icon in the system tray. I want to make
a shortcut on the desktop.

=?Utf-8?B?R3JvdWNo?= 08-08-2005 09:39 AM

RE: Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box?

I've also been looking for a direct shortcut to that dialog box, no luck yet.

klopmandiamond 02-14-2008 05:48 PM

Hi. I had the same need and found an approach to the solution:

I opened Network Conections and Created a shortcut to my Wireless connection. So, when I wanted to see available connections I just click (or called that shortcut by hotkeys) and then prest ALT + the Underlined letter from the "View Wireless Networks" button. (V in my Spanish Windows). http://engr.oregonstate.edu/computing/img/IMG_ADHOC_1

Later I used Jitbit Macro recorder to create a Macro that called the first shortcut and send the ALT+V keys to the Menu, created a shortcut to that Macro and then I was able to singleclicking call the Wireless Networks Menu.

Hope you find this useful, and if you ever get the right way to do it I'll be glad if you tell me =)

Have a nice day.