Velocity Reviews

-   -   I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t682406-i-want-a-copy-of-vistas-win32k-sys-can-someone-send-a-copy.html)

Mark C 05-03-2009 08:43 AM

I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy?

I would like a copy of Vista's win32k.sys file.
%windir%\system32\win32k.sys (I think).

I'd like x86 = 32bit version as well as x64 64 bit version.

Does anybody care to send me copies?

Post to usenet broken into bits, or rapidshare or similar or even
email (I can provide an email address).

Any nice people want to help me out?

Thanks,
Mark

~misfit~ 05-03-2009 08:54 AM

Re: I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mark C wrote:
> I would like a copy of Vista's win32k.sys file.
> %windir%\system32\win32k.sys (I think).
>
> I'd like x86 = 32bit version as well as x64 64 bit version.
>
> Does anybody care to send me copies?
>
> Post to usenet broken into bits, or rapidshare or similar or even
> email (I can provide an email address).
>
> Any nice people want to help me out?

Sorry Mark, I don't have Vista or easy access to any Vista machines.

Hopefully someone else...
--
Shaun.

Stephen Worthington 05-03-2009 09:09 AM

On 03 May 2009 08:43:38 GMT, Mark C <mark.c@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>I would like a copy of Vista's win32k.sys file.
>%windir%\system32\win32k.sys (I think).
>
>I'd like x86 = 32bit version as well as x64 64 bit version.
>
>Does anybody care to send me copies?
>
>Post to usenet broken into bits, or rapidshare or similar or even
>email (I can provide an email address).
>
>Any nice people want to help me out?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

I presume that you are wanting:

C:\Windows\System32\win32k.sys

from a Vista SP1 32-bit system with up to date patches?

Download from:

http://rapidshare.com/files/228562838/win32k.zip.html

and delete the file when you have it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/22856283...92279077221654

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 05-03-2009 09:29 AM

In message <0042fd25$0$2503$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>, Mark C wrote:

> I would like a copy of Vista's win32k.sys file.
> %windir%\system32\win32k.sys (I think).
>
> Does anybody care to send me copies?

So this place has become The Pirate Bay now?

bok 05-03-2009 09:40 AM

Mark C wrote:
> I would like a copy of Vista's win32k.sys file.
> %windir%\system32\win32k.sys (I think).
>
> I'd like x86 = 32bit version as well as x64 64 bit version.

Mark,

You can download the x64 version from here:
http://www.boktek.com/public/win32ksys_x64.zip

File version: 6.0.6001.18211 (from Vista Enterprise x64 + SP1 + updates)
same file version as the one in Vista Ultimate x86 + SP1 + updates.

Let me know when you have grabbed it and I will remove it. I also have
an x86 version but I notice someone else has provided that for you.

cheers
bok

Mark C 05-04-2009 09:01 AM

Re: I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy?

Stephen Worthington <stephen@jsw12.gen34.nz56.remove_numbers>
wrote in news:blnqv45qescgpsp5d7i3uafidtb55gedqs@4ax.com:

> I presume that you are wanting:
> C:\Windows\System32\win32k.sys
> Download from:

Thank you!

If you want to know why, I'm seeing if Vista has the same mouse
'Enhance pointer precision' problems that XP has.

(& killed)

Mark C 05-04-2009 09:02 AM

Re: I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy?

bok <bok@lands.gone> wrote in

~misfit~ 05-04-2009 01:14 PM

Re: I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mark C wrote:
> bok <bok@lands.gone> wrote in
>
>> You can download the x64 version from here:

> Thank you!
>
> If you want to know why, I'm seeing if Vista has the same mouse
> 'Enhance pointer precision' problems that XP has.

Care to elaborate and tell us the results?

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

Mark C 05-05-2009 03:26 AM

Re: I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy?

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in

> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mark C wrote:

>> If you want to know why, I'm seeing if Vista has the same mouse
>> 'Enhance pointer precision' problems that XP has.

> Care to elaborate and tell us the results?

I will do, but I'll analyse Vista first.

Before I tell you, can you figure out what the problem might be?:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/pointer-bal.mspx

The problem rather jumped out at me, although nobody else seems to
have seen it...

--
Mark

~misfit~ 05-05-2009 04:37 AM

Re: I want a copy of Vista's win32k.sys - can someone send a copy?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mark C wrote:
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mark C wrote:

>>> If you want to know why, I'm seeing if Vista has the same mouse
>>> 'Enhance pointer precision' problems that XP has.

>> Care to elaborate and tell us the results?

> I will do, but I'll analyse Vista first.
>
> Before I tell you, can you figure out what the problem might be?:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/pointer-bal.mspx
>
> The problem rather jumped out at me, although nobody else seems to
> have seen it...

Hmmm, no, I didn't see anything there that seems off although it's hardly my
field and I admit to not understanding it all.

My problem is, using XP, my mouse accuracy isn't too flash with a relatively
high-res small panel. (15" 1400x1050).

I've even gone back to a corded mouse to try to improve things but I often
find myself trying to move the mouse ever-so-slightly so I can get it over a
window edge to re-size etc.. If I turn down pointer speed I have to move the
mouse too far to get from screen edge to edge.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.