Velocity Reviews

-   -   error: no matching function (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t681851-error-no-matching-function.html)

Rares Vernica 04-28-2009 10:05 PM

error: no matching function

What is the catch with this error message?

error: no matching function for call to ‘binary_writer<unsigned
int>::operator()(unsigned int)’
note: candidates are: void binary_writer<T>::operator()(T&) [with T =
unsigned int]

To me, it seems that the candidate matches the function call...

Thanks,
Rares

Noah Roberts 04-28-2009 10:16 PM

Re: error: no matching function

Rares Vernica wrote:
> What is the catch with this error message?
>
> error: no matching function for call to ‘binary_writer<unsigned
> int>::operator()(unsigned int)’
> note: candidates are: void binary_writer<T>::operator()(T&) [with T =
> unsigned int]
>
> To me, it seems that the candidate matches the function call...

It doesn't match if you're attempting to call the function with an
rvalue parameter.