Velocity Reviews

-   -   I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t680872-i-thought-flash-flex-could-tie-into-databases-so-wouldnt-oracle-want-to-keep-developing-javafx-and-include-within-it-database-access.html)

Casey Hawthorne 04-22-2009 05:47 AM

--
Regards,
Casey

Qu0ll 04-22-2009 06:01 AM

Re: I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?

"Casey Hawthorne" <caseyhHAMMER_TIME@istar.ca> wrote in message
> I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle want
> to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?
> --

I doubt Oracle has much interest in developing JavaFX but I hope I am wrong
as it looks like a surprisingly good piece of technology. If they truly
want to provide end-to-end solutions including the hardware, DB, middleware
and front-end then perhaps they might be interested but analysts have
predicted that such a model will be very difficult to implement
successfully.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
Qu0llSixFour@gmail.com

Arne Vajh°j 04-23-2009 12:39 AM

Casey Hawthorne wrote:
> I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases,

I don't know if it can.

Accessing the database directly from client side code would
be very bad design.

> so wouldn't Oracle want
> to keep developing JavaFX and include within it database access?

I don't think Oracle has much specific interest in JavaFX.

But I think they understand that Java is an eco system and they
will support the entire Java including the new born JavaFX.

Arne

Tris Orendorff 04-24-2009 08:21 PM

Re: I thought Flash/Flex could tie into databases, so wouldn't Oracle

Arne Vajh°j <arne@vajhoej.dk> burped up warm pablum in news:49efb8c5$0$90275$14726298@news.sunsite.dk:

> I don't think Oracle has much specific interest in JavaFX.
>
> But I think they understand that Java is an eco system and they
> will support the entire Java including the new born JavaFX.

Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

--
Tris Orendorff
[ Anyone naming their child should spend a few minutes checking rhyming slang and dodgy sounding names. Brad and

Lew 04-24-2009 11:55 PM

Tris Orendorff wrote:
> Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

Had you considered looking at their web site?
<http://www.oracle.com/technologies/microsoft/index.html>

--
Lew

Arne Vajh°j 04-25-2009 01:50 AM

Tris Orendorff wrote:
> Is there a versiom of Oracle for Windows server?

I believe that most of Oracles products including Oracle DB, Oracle AS,
WebLogic, JRockit, Oracle JVM etc. are available for Windows.

Arne