Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wanted: "Children Crossing" with Saskia Reeves (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t680296-wanted-children-crossing-with-saskia-reeves.html)

asp5555 04-17-2009 10:11 AM

Wanted: "Children Crossing" with Saskia Reeves

Hi,

I'm searching for a copy of the BBC screen two play "Children
Crossing" with Saskia Reeves and Peter Firth, shown in the UK in 1990.
Preferably a copy on DVD but a VHS copy will also do. I know this
movie is very hard to find, because i've been searching for it for
more than 10 years now, but there are some short scenes out on the
ineternet so there must be people who have a copy.

If you think you can help please contact me!

Thanks!
Linda

david_foss@harvard.edu 04-28-2009 04:40 PM

Re: Wanted: "Children Crossing" with Saskia Reeves

On Apr 17, 6:11*am, asp5555 <l.aspe...@live.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for a copy of the BBC screen two play "Children
> Crossing" with Saskia Reeves and Peter Firth, shown in the UK in 1990.
> Preferably a copy on DVD but a VHS copy will also do. I know this
> movie is very hard to find, because i've been searching for it for
> more than 10 years now, but there are some short scenes out on the
> ineternet so there must be people who have a copy.
>
> If you think you can help please contact me!
>
> Thanks!
> Linda

I'd love to find a copy as well. I'm a huge Saskia fan (saw her on
stage in London in 1998), but a lot of her stuff is very difficult to
find on video. Another one of hers I've searched for long and hard
(but unsuccessfully) is a PBS drama called "In My Defense", which was
shown in the early 90s as part of a 2-part Masterpiece Theater called
"Two Monologues." I have a really bad VHS copy dubbed from TV (with
bad reception!).

David

david_foss@harvard.edu 10-31-2011 01:38 PM

"children crossing" on DVD

After a long search I have finally obtained a DVD copy of this rare TV movie starring the young Saskia Reeves. It's not great quality, looks like it was dubbed from an aging
videotape recorded from TV, but it's watchable enough (and probably as good as any other version available). Some brief audio dropouts, quite grainy, hard to see much detail in very dark scenes, but once you get into it her acting is so good that you stop noticing the video quality. Contact me if you'd like a copy.

feeneyp1 12-09-2011 07:29 PM

Hi David,I am a fan of Saskia Reeves and would love a copy of CHILDREN CROSSING on dvd.Please let me know the cost of the dvd and p+p and if it is ok i will use the PAYPAL facility,which is convenient to both parties.
Thanks
Peter

david_foss@harvard.edu 12-12-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feeneyp1 (Post 4401788)
Hi David,I am a fan of Saskia Reeves and would love a copy of CHILDREN CROSSING on dvd.Please let me know the cost of the dvd and p+p and if it is ok i will use the PAYPAL facility,which is convenient to both parties.
Thanks
Peter

Peter:

Please email me directly for details: david_foss@harvard.edu

David

david_foss@harvard.edu 12-12-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_foss@harvard.edu (Post 4402210)

my email is david_foss@harvard.edu

feeneyp1 12-14-2011 05:40 PM

saskia reeves-children crossing

Hi David,i have tried to e-mail you about the above dvd;but i am getting a FAILURE NOTICE! message for some strange reason.
Any chance you could contact me,instead with all the relevant details of the cost of the dvd and p+p.
Thanks
Peter

david_foss@harvard.edu 12-14-2011 05:45 PM

For some reason this won't let me post my email address (which is the same as my user name). I'll try spelling it out: david_fossatharvarddotedu