Velocity Reviews

-   -   FTP Client within ASP.NET (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t67975-ftp-client-within-asp-net.html)

Jason Cochran 12-02-2003 03:01 PM

FTP Client within ASP.NET

Hello All!

Is there any possible way to create a simple ftp client
within asp.net? I need to be able to download a
compressed file, uncompress it, and import the data into
sql server. I was going to use DTS to schedule the
download and then import the data. But I need a way to
download the file and uncompress it on the fly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason Cochran
Visionary Web Services, L.L.C.
jcochran@visionarywebservices.com
(432)694-4182

General Protection Fault 12-02-2003 04:54 PM

Re: FTP Client within ASP.NET

Have DTS download the file. There's a DTS task for that. Install
ActivePerl from www.activestate.com and use a scripting task to
decompress it.

Jason Cochran 12-02-2003 08:41 PM

Re: FTP Client within ASP.NET

I appreciate your help. Do you have any sample code or
links to websites that have used activex or activeperl to
uncompress a file?

Thanks.